Thursday, February 08, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith

Sad...and weird all at once. In all this, I feel very sorry for that little girl...at least we know for sure who her mother was. I don't mean for that to sound as flip and/or callous as it does...

I wonder what's going to happen to her baby and if we'll really know what happened to her. The conspiracy minded part of me wonders idly if her lawyer/husband/whatever had anything to do with it.

First she gives birth, then her son dies, then she 'marries' her lawyer (though it was really a commitment ceremony, I don't know if it's legally binding). The timing, while obviously tragic, is somewhat curious.

Did she have a will?
Did she leave everything to her daughter?
Did she leave everything to her 'husband'?
Is their union legally binding?
How did she really die?
Who's the real father?

If it wasn't so bloody tragic, it would be a great plotline for a soap opera. You know, I wonder if shows like Law and Order (who have a habit of ripping stories off and claiming they're 'fictional') will do a take off of this, but change it JUST enough so they themselves don't get sued. I guess only time will tell.

Any thoughts? Comments?

6 comments:

D & S said...

It is very sad. I hope that she's at peace now. I just feel bad for her baby.

redmaryjanes said...

I guess I hadn't moved the thought that there could have been a motivation for all of this. It is curious if you think about it. I heard this morning on the news that she was worth 9 billion dollars.
Strangely sad though. I hope that the baby girl has a solid upbringing with whichever of the men is her true father.

Jen & Bill said...

I just feel sad for the baby.

I think it was a drug overdose.

Diane said...

This isn't the most "sensitive" of observations, but it just occurred to me. For years, Howard K. Stern followed Anna Nicole around, clearly hoping that she was going to inherit millions of dollars and he could cash in, and maybe he was in love with her. If you ever saw that awful reality show of hers on E, then you know she basically treated him like shit. Plus, she was as dumb as a rock. And had to put up with her screwing some other guy, getting pregnant and begging him to pass the child off as his own. So maybe he finally had it, and gave her an overdose.

Tao's Mommy said...

Hmmm...well said. Thats exactly what I was thinking!!!
All I can say is poor Dannielynn!! Now hopefully she will have a normal life....

Anonymous said...

I did it. It was all my fault.