Friday, June 13, 2008

21 gun salute































I figured that the title was apropos when talking about this month's LIDiversary and especially who it's about. Last summer we met Special K and some other fine Buckeyes on a fantabulous road trip through Ohio and Kentucky. She, and the other women I met always amaze me with their strength and perseverance through this hard process. I've learned so much from all of them.

When I asked Special K what she wanted on the bracelet to represent herself (though really I knew before she told me), she chose the penguin. Gee, what a surprise... ;)

We cut back this month and decided to go with gingerbread men instead of a cake. What better way to 'celebrate' crime-fighting than with a couple of Batman gingerbread men? It was only when we were at the cash register paying for them that I turned to Josh and broke down laughing. He turned to me and asked what was so funny. I said, "Isn't it a bit ironic that we've got Batman gingerbread and I just put a penguin on the bracelet?"

We walked out giggling like idiots...

11 comments:

4D said...

21 done!!!!

Keep smilin!

Red Sand said...

I love the fact that this turned into something to laugh about. May every LIDversary lead to laughter... (tall order, I know)

D & S said...

Wow, your LID is legal in all states now! At least you're having fun with it.

Anonymous said...

21 down! I hope you had a good LIDversary today. You know, as good as it can get. And I MISS Special K!

Pug Mama said...

happy 21 - get yourself a good stiff drink - you're legal now....

M and M said...

Congrats on 21!!

Cookies look YUMMY!

Special K said...

Awwwww.. you got the penguin!
He's adorable. I'm so excited that I've been represented on the bracelet. So cool!

Happy 21

PS. Just so you know...I always read you. Just do it thru bloglines cuz my computer really doesn't like your blog for some reason. So very rarely click on it which unfortunately means I don't comment much either. But know that I'm always here. XOXOXO

Juliette said...

The penguin is very cute.
21 behind you!

Anonymous said...

Those are some cool batmen. Did you bite their heads off?

Tracey and Mike said...

Happy 21 months closer!
Love the penguin!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I must say the Gingerbread men are a classic... no doubt they were tasty... hehe