Friday, September 19, 2008

Hi, we just got a burglar alarm at your house...

So I was minding my business at my mom's condo today, helping her unpack when my cell phone rang. I was putting some things in her breakfront and I asked her to get my cell phone and answer it, which she did. She said it was the alarm company and passed me the phone. The voice on the other end said that there was a breach in security and then my phone hung up on the guy.

GREAT!

Ten seconds later, my phone rang again and he called back and said the same thing. He said that he tried to reach my husband, but he couldn't get through to him because they didn't have his current business phone number and his cell phone was off. He has a lovely habit of always having his cell off...he figures if HE doesn't need to use it, why should he have it on? I mean, really, nobody would ever have to reach HIM in case of emergency...GRAH!

I called Josh at work and told him to leave ASAP and meet me at home.

The alarm company tried to call me at home, but as I said I was out, and it's a good thing I had my cell phone. I mean, we gave the company enough numbers, they would have kept going down the list until they reached someone...

Needless to say, I FREAKED the hell out. My mom drove like a bat out of hell me home to find a security guard in his car in our driveway waiting for me. He said he did a perimeter search and didn't find any signs of forced entry and that everything seemed fine.

I asked him to walk around the outside of the house with me, and he did so, though he seemed very preoccupied. Whatever.

I asked him his name and he said "Chambers". I was thinking "Is that your name or is that what just exploded in my chest?"

I didn't want to walk into the house alone (obviously) and asked him to accompany me. He said there was no need.

Ques'que fuck? Are you kidding me? I insisted and he agreed, but he stood at the front door while my mom and I walked around the house...this guy must have graduated at the bottom of the Mickey Mouse School of Security Guards. I was not impressed, our house IS armed to the teeth, but still, the guy should have walked around with us...at the VERY least.

While we were doing this, the company called and asked if everything was ok, and told us where the breach was. Apparently it was on one of the motion sensors...our sweet pain in the ass kitty, must have tripped it. The sensors are supposed to be 'pet immune'. We've had the sensors for about a year now and this is the first time this has happened.

Goooo Deuce!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how scary! I would have thought the security guard would have insisted on walking the inside of the house with you! What an idiot!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, wow, what a story, Rhonda!!! I would have felt so scared. Your cute little kitty.... perhaps he's put on a few pounds or something?

D & S said...

That must've been scary. The thought of someone going through your private things is terrible.

And that security guard, don't get me started.

C's Mom said...

Been there.

Hah, our office alarm went off and one of our docs met the police at the door. The cop SENT HIM IN FIRST. Doy. (No, I didn't pay the cop to do it either). It was a false alarm but, still.

Glad it was a cat burglar.

Sam said...

What a cat!!! Kind of figures, doesn't it?!

Hey! I need to tell you something so send me an email. Your address got eaten by the dumb computer!

Sam

crazylady said...

I'd send you in first too...


And all these commenters think HE is the idiot???? He gets to live and write up the report. What have we learned, oh catlady? Why don't you sign up for firefighting and run into to burning buildings while you're at it. *snort*

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Scary as hell but wouldn't want that Mickey Mouse security guard around... I could scare the intruder myself for going into my house to begin with... hehehe... glad all was well...