Friday, April 09, 2010

Party hardy, drink Bacardi...

Ultimate Blog Party 2010


I've been doing the "Ultimate Blog Party" thing for a couple of years, and it's always a great way to "meet" new people and find out about them. For my regular readers, the handful that still keep reading my blurbs, the UBP is basically where you meet other bloggers and can actually win prizes. Some of the prizes kick ass, if I do say so myself. If I won anything, the one prize that would really come in handy would be the $250 gift certificate to a Hilton hotel, especially with our upcoming road trip this summer. ;)

Granted, I haven't won anything yet, but you never know...

For those of you that are new to this blog, I'm an ever-so-impatient, waiting mom for a child from China. So far it's been a very long process. When my husband and I started out, we were told that we would have a child within a year, but things changed...slightly.

Next week we'll have been waiting for 43 months. FORTY THREE long months. I'm not going to bore you with all the things that have led us to this point, but suffice it to say that this is the hardest thing I've ever been through. This wait has, in essence, drained us; emotionally. Who would have thought that it would be *this* difficult to have a child? But I digress...

The two things that have kept me somewhat sane throughout this process have been my wonderful husband of almost 14 years (is it wrong that I just referred to my husband as a 'thing'?), and my cat, Deuce.

If any of you new(er) folk would like to leave me a comment, I'll be sure to visit your blog.

19 comments:

Snowflowers Mum said...

dude...I still follow your blog! 43 months BLOWS! I remember how people where whining back when it was six months! It's a different world now...nearly 8X longer than 2005! I don't know how you do it, but I admire your strength!

Michael and Tammy said...

I am not new to your blog but I hear ya!!!

We are lid Aug 06 - so we are approaching 44 months. This process has been soooo long that I have found it difficult to keep excited but I am trying to get back to the excitement I once felt and that includes posting on my blog and writing on others!!

Bridgette said...

Dropping in from the UBP to say hi! :)

Wanda said...

It's almost unbearable to imagine waiting this long for your first. It stinks on every level. So unfair. We were LID March 15th for our second and that was tough. I can only imagine how you're feeling.

Just know, that when you do see your little ones face - the wait will fall into a distant (bad) memory. And then brace yourself - when your brain does focus, you'll be too busy to even care.

It will happen - hang on.

Kayce said...

Still a follower here too and will be until you're holding your daughter! Keep the faith and your strength...it will happen! :)

Glad to see you enjoying a good party!

Carrie said...

It's hard to imagine how long you guys have waited! It will happen, and I agree with the other poster, you'll be too busy to remember the pain of the wait! ;)

Blessings!

Barefoot with Children said...

Stopping by to stay hi! from UBP10 and wishing you the best in your adoption journey!

Lisa said...

We need to go out for BP and wine soon.

Kate said...

Hi from the UBP 2010!

Wow. 43 months is a massively long time. Keep the faith - it can't be too much longer now! I wish you the best in your adoption journey - I'm just taking the first steps toward adoption myself, but I'll be adopting through the US foster care system! Someday, I'd love to stretch toward an international adoption, too, but things just seem to take longer and longer.

Tracey C. said...

Hi Rhonda! Party going on the UBP circuit and wanted to visit and say hello! Hope you win some prizes!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Following your blog...what a story...and a beautiful blog...
This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET!
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I have never won anything either, but here's to hoping! I am giving away a 16x20 photo canvas that may give you slightly better chances of winning. ;) http://www.alittletipsy.com/ I also hope you get your baby soon! That is a lot of waiting.

Unknown said...

I was just saying that I never win anything and last night during the Twitter Party I won the 2nd to last prize of the night. A doll!! :-) so never say never

Hop on by if you've got the time!

I'm giving away prize USC#37 on 5M4M prize page but I have a few others on my blogs too.

$150 spa gift card from wayspa.com
Another $50 Amazon.com gift card

sanjeet said...

I admire your strength!
post free classified ads

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great site...This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am sad it is about to end. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/.

amy said...

I am an adoptive china mommy too! (SN) We brought home our son 7 months ago and he is wonderful! China is AMAZING! you can see our family journey at www.faithloveandfamily.com

I am just stopping by from the party though! I will be following along now, you can also take a peek at all the deals I have going at www.clippingforcash.blogspot.com

Amy

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Hey winner! Get over to the prize page. You will need these numbers when you fill out the form.

Comment #562 Rhonda - US39 Winner

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Your comment number is 562 - the prize you won is us39

go to the prize page here - http://www.5minutesformom.com/ultimate-blog-party-2010-prizes/

Fruitful Harvest said...

I just came by to say howdy...it is a blog party!


Blessings,
Georgiann