Monday, September 10, 2007

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

My mom took Josh and I, Ugly, L and Z, and her boyfriend N out for dinner last night to the Steakback Outhouse Outback Steakhouse. It's actually really good there and the service was fantastic. After dinner and gifty goodness (gotta love getting Linens 'N Things (my all-time favourite store)) gift certificates, we went back to Josh's parents house for dessert...

As most of you know, yesterday was my birthday, and this Thursday we'll also be really bummed out celebrating our 1 year LIDiversary. We thought we should probably just get one cake and combine the two events. Back when we went to the House of No Limits in July and got Kathy the Fun Dip cake, the wheels in my mind (when they're not squeaking) started spinning. I was trying to figure out how we were going to 'celebrate' our one year LIDiversary. Once I saw how great the picture cake turned out that we got for her and Joel, I decided to get one for our one year LIDiversary. Mmmm. No worries Kathy, the cake wasn't as good as how it's pictured...it was better.

Though, without her I wouldn't have had a graphic to put ON the cake. ;)


Since we were already going overboard with the cake, we decided to get some decorations as well. I mean, what's a party without balloons? Unfortunately there really wasn't any room for the candles in the cake (without damaging the icing...and really, you can never have enough icing on a cake), so we had to place the candles next to it. Oh well, you get the picture...








Since we had already gone apeshit overboard on the decorations, all that was left to do was go overboard on the plates, cups and napkins. That's right girls and boys, I ran around like an idiot and got maple (well, really it's Fall) themed plates, cups and napkins. Since I liked them so much, I went a bit crazy and got enough for our housewarming party...whenever the hell that's going to be.

When I got home, I saw that the CCAA updated their site again and July is through the review room. I'm still hoping that in the next couple of months we'll be through and then just twiddle our thumbs wait impatiently for the (minimum) next two years to pass...

21 comments:

dawn said...

Hapapy Belated. You can never go over board when it comes to celebrating birthdays and adoptions. Glad you had such fun with it

redmaryjanes said...

Love the cake, balloons and plates! But the Outhouse, I mean Outback comment busted me up! I love that place, but that was hilarious.

Robin said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! That cake loosk awesome. Isn't it amazing what they can do with cakes now-a-days.

Donna Paonessa said...

Happy Belated!!!! Sounds like you had a nice weekend!! Holy crap, you're sure having some adventures with home ownership huh??

Anonymous said...

What a fitting way to mark and celebrate an important milestone! Good for you for having cake!

4D said...

Ya gotta coordinate!

LOVE the cake and decorations.

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

VERY cool looking cake!

I hope you enjoyed your birthday!

Presents?? Were there presents???

OziMum said...

Happy Birthday - Happy 1st LID Anniversary. The cake looks amazing!

Hey, 12 months down!

C's Mom said...

Man, the 'squirrels holding their nuts' has me cracking up.

Sorry I missed the day to bestow birthday glories on you. Belated but well meant....smooch for your birthday (Are you gagging now? Good, mission accomplished ;0)

The cake rocks.

Mamacita said...

Happy Birthday. Happy Anniversary. Happy Maple Leaves. Happy let's get August (that would be me) out of the review room!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Fabulous cake!!! You should have brought some to share at the WMD! Bad girl!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy Birthday, girl! That is such a great birthday!

Elizabeth said...

I love that cake.
Hope you had a really enjoyable day and got your way for the full 24 hours.
Unless that is, your house is like mine, and you get your way 24/7 365.

Cari said...

Hilarious comment thingy! (what do you call these things, anyway??) Glad you had a good birthday -- love the cake!
Cari

Liz and Ava said...

Love the new "comment" phrase! The cake looks fabulous.

Deb said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rhonda!

"M2" said...

My anniversary is right after my Birthday too.
What were we thinking?????

Kristine said...

Happy, happy days!!! 12 months is a milestone and you can truly say you have survived a WHOLE YEAR of waiting soon...

Red Sand said...

Happy Belated, Miss Maple. Sorry it took me so long to get over Monday and send you these words.

Headmeister said...

Funny, my first thought was "how cool to see something I made on a cake", then I thought "happy b-day AND LIDaversary", then finally I thought "apeshit... that's funny"

HAPPY EVERYTHING!!!!!

D & S said...

What a great cake. Once again, happy birthday!

If only the CCAA would make referrals at the speed they're going through the review room.