Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The house of no limits...

Josh and I went to Kathy and Joel's on Saturday for a BBQ and some good ol' fashioned bitching friendly banter about the wait. We weren't alone, also there was Catherine, Doris and Daisy sans Dan, Dolores and Shawn, Jill, Jaap and their daughter A, and Laurie, Jamie and their daughter S. What a wonderful group of people! It was the first time I had met Jaap, Laurie and Jamie, and I'm glad that Josh and I had the opportunity to do so.

When Kathy invited us to the BBQ, I wanted to bring something to the party, but I couldn't think of what to do, so I put my thinking cap on. I figured out the perfect gift for the woman who has the largest sweet tooth I've ever encountered (next to mine, of course), a FUN DIP picture cake! The audible gasp that I escaped from Kathy when she opened the box, told me I made the right decision. ;)

While the men were standing around the BBQ grunting cooking the food, the women sat around drinking partaking in some much needed...talking. I later found out that the reason they were all standing around the BBQ was because it was so windy, they kept losing the flame...oops.

>We were also able to meet the infamous Bear on Saturday as well. He's SUCH a sweet kitty, but I think he was a little freaked out with all the people there (and especially the children and dog that were chasing him around), but he took it like a champ. He's a sucky little boy, just like Deuce...if you feed him, he will come...Not quite Field of Dreams, but it'll do. ;)


We also met Daisy! Doris drove down from Quebec on Saturday with Daisy in the car (she literally was 'driving Miss Daisy'). Originally she was going to board Daisy, but the kennel was full...oh well, our gain. It was great seeing Doris again, I hadn't seen her since December and I missed her!

I've heard so much about Daisy, it was nice to actually see her. She's a sweetie, but watch out, she's a BIG mooch. If you have food, she's your friend for about two minutes life.





For dessert...hey, it's all about dessert...we had the Fun Dip cake, shish kebob Kathy style (gummi worms, marshmallows and all sorts of yummy stuff on a stick), and an ice cream sandwich cake. Mmmm!

Since we didn't have enough sweets, Kathy decided to make 'Smores later in the evening. I think I'm STILL coming down from my sugar high...

8 comments:

Jill and Jaap said...

I hear ya! Big time Sugar high!

Great time, and great to meet Josh and see you both!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sugar High? That's just a normal day at our house!:)
So glad you were able to come and you and Josh defintely took my breath away with that cake.
Our friends call our house "The HOuse of No Limits" and I'm glad that it proved that way to you as well.
Sigh...good times!

Catherine said...

It was a great day!! So good to see you again and spend some time getting to know one another better.

Great cake!!

"M2" said...

interesting kabobs...
but no chocolate????

D & S said...

That cake was perfect! I forgot about the candy shish kabobs, d'oh!

4D said...

It was a delish day with delish food and delish friends.

Keep smilin!

Deb said...

I have seen that cake on soooo many posts latley! Cool you all had a peice from the same one!
Sounds like you all had a blast.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Gee, wish I were there. It sounded like fun... forget the sugar high... imagine the sugar headache... the dentist would be rubbing his hands together after all that sugar...lol... thanks for signing my site. I will try to march forth for those behind me...lol... I guess it was just one of those days... Fliss