Friday, July 13, 2007

Double digits ***UPDATE***

Not sure how I feel about celebrating our 10 month LIDiversary today, being that it's Friday the 13th, but hey...one more month down. Of course, with it being our LIDiversary, we had to get another cake, well, pie, to celebrate it with.

Some of my newer readers might not know about our cake 'tradition', so you can read this and find out why we celebrate in this manner every month...

Is it just me, or does the lighting make the pie look a little 'eerie'? The pie was a little too fresh and the candles kind of sunk into the filling...oops.


Of course, with another month notched up, I've also added another charm to the bracelet. This month I decided to add the Scottish flag in honour of Josh's father's heritage. If you look closely, you'll also notice that I put a blank (place saver) link in the bracelet in between Josh and my astrological symbols where "Little Maple's" symbol will eventually be placed.

While I like the idea of having the place saver there, it's a constant reminder of what we don't have...yet. So, while I'm happy with the look of the bracelet, actually looking at it is a little sad, at times.

Hey, the wait is what the wait is...and we're in it for the 'long haul'. :)

***I finally got the package from New Zealand with the first item I've purchased for "Little Maple", but because I'm mean, I'm not going to post a picture of it for a little while. :)

I want to keep you all in suspense.***

19 comments:

4D said...

Happy Double Digits! My bracelet that I made is looking a little worn. It is similar to our spirits at time. One day our little ones will play with the bracelet on our arms so we carry on.

Keep smilin!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

10 down! Nothing to sneeze at, that is for sure. I love the bracelt and love your traditions around your LID. I may have to start celebrating ours again...perhaps next month when we reach our 12th.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

bracelet...I really have to start proofreading my posts. Sigh.

Alana said...

happy lidiversary!

M and M said...

Congrats on 10 months!!

HOPEFULLY you are 1/2 way there!!

Donna Paonessa said...

All I know is that I'm starving and that pie looks YUMMY!!!!

"Happy" 10 mths.

Jill and Jaap said...

Hey meany--just kidding! Can't wait to see what you got!

Love your bracelet.

Happy 10!!

Jenni said...

You are mean! Congrats on 10 months!

Cari said...

You're mean. But Happy 10th LID anyway!!

Cari

D & S said...

Happy 10 months! I love the bracelet. I have two now on mine.

Unknown said...

Cant wait to see the item!! yeah for 10 digits!

redmaryjanes said...

That pie looks delicious! I think the bracelet is great. Enjoy the weekend.

Robin said...

What cool ideas with the bracelet and the pie.

I hopped over here from Somewhere in China and A Million Miles to Mia. I here you are coming to Ohio soon.

Operationtigerlily said...

Happy 10 down.

Headmeister said...

Happy double digits, sister! I know I still owe you a post on that meme you tagged me for, but I'm too spent to post...lol.

Anonymous said...

Your bracelet idea is so sweet. I know it is bitter sweet sometimes but as you say the wait is what it is and there isn't much that can be done.

Happy LIDiversary

"M2" said...

Happy 10.... you're just a tiny bit behind me.
are we 1/3 there????

C's Mom said...

Happy DD and 10 behind you.

It looks like a Halloween pie...I gotta say.

OK, I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the 10 months. You have done well so far.