Monday, July 09, 2007

Ok, I lied... ***UPDATE***







If you remember this post, you'll remember what I said about getting one charm every other month. Well, that went out the window this weekend when I decided to celebrate every month with an addition to the bracelet. Who am I to say that one month is more 'special' or deserves to be celebrated more than any other?

So, while Josh was busy at Indigo getting maps for our upcoming Ohio/Kentucky road trip, I wandered away and went to a nearby jewellery store to get more charms. I got four more, so I'm now up to nine in total (though I am a few days away from adding another charm). I got the Yin/Yang symbol, Josh's zodiac sign (Gemini), and the Canadian and Chinese flags.

Since we're still SO far from referral, I also decided that I'm going to have enough time to make two bracelets. What I've decided to do is make the second bracelet completely out of family and friends choices. So basically, each month, I'm going to ask a family member or friend to choose a charm and that will be added on to the second bracelet. I haven't decided though if I'm going to start that right away, or wait until the first bracelet is complete.

***Donna, I'm also planning on adding our Chinese astrological(?) symbols on this bracelet. I've got ten more spots left and I already know what the next ones we get are going to be. I need to leave a few blank ones until referral, but I'm planning on getting our initials, as well as the American and Scottish flags to represent Josh's parents, the final one will be a heart. :)

When I told my mom about my idea last night, she got all emotional and *loves* the idea of a family and friends bracelet. I'm planning, in the fullness of time, to give that bracelet to our daughter and I'll be able to tell her all about how everyone chose a special charm just for her...

To answer your question though, we're planning on leaving at the end of July and come back about a week or so later. We're meeting a few bloggers while we're down in Ohio, so we're both *REALLY* looking forward to the trip.***

15 comments:

wzgirl said...

I am in love with your charms. Really, I am. This is such a cool, fun idea - especially the friend charm choosing!

Kelli said...

Looks like fun! I love the idea of adding one every month!!! How cool!

Laurie said...

With all those beautiful charms to choose from, why stop at just 2 bracelets? ;o)

Cari said...

Excellent idea!! I may have to steal that one....
Sprout

Headmeister said...

Heh... I got a charm for ya ;)

4D said...

Love the charms! Those bracelets tell a story of us.

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

What a fun way to celebrate each month! Here's hoping things eventually speed up and the second bracelet is only big enough to fit your little one!

Donna Paonessa said...

Have fun building your bracelets! I have one too, and love adding charms to it. My latest additions (from my best friend), were a Dragon, Horse and Snake (Nicole's a dragon, Sophia and Nick are horses and I'm a snake).

When's your road trip?

Pug Mama said...

what a cool idea!

Robin said...

very cool idea!

redmaryjanes said...

I love the charm bracelet! I think it's a great idea and will help you get through the wait.

D & S said...

Those are great charms. I'm trying to figure out which ones I want to get now.

M and M said...

Great idea about the friends and family charms!

crazylady said...

how charming

C's Mom said...

Love the bracelet idea.

A few Ohio bloggers are looking forward to your trip too :0)