Thursday, July 12, 2007

Nicknames!

I was tagged by Mitchymoo Michelle, about nicknames that Josh and I have. ;)

My Hebrew name is Raizel (pronounced Ray-zel and means "Rose" in English - I was named after my late Grandmother), but when I was in Hebrew school kids used to pronounce it Ret-zel so I used to be called "Retzel the pretzel". (No, I'm not double-jointed). The name just stuck and I was tormented for six LONG years with that name growing up. Ugh.

Josh and I have known each other since high school and his 'pet name' for me is "fluffy". Good lord, Michelle, I'm SO going to get you for this. He calls me "fluffy" because in the really humid weather my hair goes PA-TOING and I look like Captain Caveman. It's quite a sight to see...

Last time Josh and I were in NYC we were walking down the street and went in for breakfast at a place called "Fluffy's Bakery". He took a picture of me standing in front of the sign. Anyways, when we showed the photo to his mom, she said 'awww, Fluffy's standing in front of Fluffy's!' It's cute when Josh calls me that...not so much when his mom calls me that. :P

Since I'm doing such a great job embarrassing myself, I may as well embarrass Josh while I'm at it.

Josh's Hebrew name is Yehoshua Yehuda Leib (pronounced Yeh-ha-shoo-ah Yeh-hoo-dah Lay-b and means Joshua, beloved lion). When we're talking to each other, I'll usually just call him Shuey (pronounced shoo-E).

We have other names for each other, but I think I've done enough for now...

Now, who to tag...who to tag...Donna, Cari, and Heather.

8 comments:

4D said...

Captain Caveman!!! Love it. Do you do the roar that he did?

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your hair sounds like an episode of Friends.....:-)

redmaryjanes said...

Captain Caveman is the best! I'm double jointed-so maybe we should trade nicknames.

M and M said...

OMG - still laughing here!!!

Fluffy and Shuey sittin' in a tree...

HOW CUTE!!!

still laughing!!

Thanks for playing along!!

Headmeister said...

Ay yay yay... how did I KNOW you were gonna tag me...lol! Fluffy & Shuey? Sounds like ferret names! lol!

Anonymous said...

I like Josh's hebrew name. I think I knew it but seeing it written out. . . Capt. caveman? Interesting

Jill and Jaap said...

Yeah, I can see how your MIL using your nickname is not so funny!

Donna Paonessa said...

Thanks Fluffy. *grin*