Sunday, February 10, 2008

Limbo, and not the fun kind.

Yesterday Josh and I went to Yorkdale to get next month's charm for my bracelet. I was going to start my next bracelet (albeit a few days early) - the friends and family bracelet. I was a little excited at the prospect of moving forward with the next bracelet, since this was going to be a bracelet for Little Maple to eventually wear and she could see all the people who chose special charms for her, and I could explain the significance behind them.

Well, I went to our usual store and the salesman looked behind the counter and said he couldn't find the tray. He asked another saleswoman, and she said that they were sent to 'head office'.

Head office was actually another store in the same mall and I was told to go there. We walked over there and I was told that they were 'phasing out' the Zoppini charms because nobody bought them anymore. Umm, excuse me? Here I was, about to buy some, but apparently I was nobody. Oh well. I know, bottom line and all that. I was probably one of their only customers who bought the charms.

So now I have one bracelet (which is actually incomplete because it doesn't have her initial, nor her zodiac, nor her astrological sign). Much like the adoption...it's just hanging in limbo.

I'm sure I could probably find them online, but I've never really been a fan of online shopping.

5 comments:

4D said...

That sucks! Let me know what ones you are looking for and I can keep an eye out here. There is a kiosk at a mall nearby that sells them.

Keep smilin!

OH MY #6 said...

thats nasty!

Lea

D & S said...

Go visit Nicole, they have them in the stores south of the border.

C's Mom said...

That, m'dear, simply bites!

I'll be happy to check around here for you if you tell me precisely what I'm looking for :0)

Anonymous said...

Seriously? What a drag and a half! That must have been incredibly disappointing.