Friday, October 26, 2007

What's this pedal for?! (and other bullet-y goodness)

Since everyone seems to be jumping on the bullet bandwagon, and I'm never one to miss the 'in' thing, here's my attempt...

- Wednesday morning I got a call from my mom saying that she was in a car accident (she's fine). She was in a four car accident. The a-hole that hit her, who was driving a 2007 BMW he only had for a week, mixed up the brake and the gas and hit her three times which forced her to hit the car in front of her...and that person hit the person in front of her. There was at least $3,000 damage to her car, not to mention the damage to the other two. The a-hole's car barely had a scratch.

- At the accident scene, he gave out his business card (who does that by the way?!), so I decided to Google his ass and I found out that he's a director at a company...Director of Transportation (insert guffaws here).

- He tried to 'settle' at the scene of the accident with everyone and said he would pay for all damages. My mom turned to him and said 'I work in a law office', and he turned white. Unfortunately in Ontario we have 'no fault' insurance, so my mom can't sue...or rather, you have to be half-dead to do so. Instead his insurance will go through the roof. Maybe now he won't mix up the two pedals. ;)

- I got a call from the vet the other day and Deuce is fine. He doesn't have feline leukemia. As happy as I was to hear the good news, I wanted to strangle the doctor for making me worry for nearly a week.

- We finally got our kitchen pantry installed today. WOO! We also got our bedroom closet 'system' in as well. Now I can finally hang up my clothes, or rather, gather them all up from the other bedrooms and hang them in ONE room. You have NO idea how excited I am about that. (I know, I'm weird.)

- Tomorrow we get our other set of kitchen shutters installed. The idiots who measured (twice, no less) forgot to take the valance into account when they were originally taking measurements, so we've had to wait almost a month for this set.

- Everything seems to be coming together, finally, for the housewarming in just over two weeks. Now if I can just unpack the last 20 boxes in time...GRAH!

- Tomorrow is my friend E's (AKA Spitgirl) wedding and we hope she and A are VERY happy together! Send them your best in the comments...hopefully, when she has a chance she'll read them. ;)

14 comments:

Tracey and Mike said...

Your house is really coming together - sounds like you're making it into a beautiful place.
Congrats to E & A on their big day!

4D said...

I am glad that your mom is okay. Gotta wonder how some people are able to leave the house sometimes...moron!

Great news about Deuce! Yeah kitty!

Congrats E & A on your special day! Enjoy every moment.

Keep smilin!

wzgirl said...

We've got a wedding to attend tomorrow, too. I will send a special thought out to Spitgrrl while there. What a sweet time.

I don't think that you're weird about embracing the feeling involved with hanging up your stuff in an organized manner. Good God - I LOVE tht shit. An organized closet? Very close to Nirvana. XO

Anonymous said...

First glad your mom is okay. I laughed out loud when I read Director of Transportation.

Second it sounds like the house is coming together well.

All the best to your friend and her main man.

Mimi Lenox said...

A special day is coming up on my blog and in the blogosphere. Bloggers are set to blog for peace November 7, 2007.

I invite you to join me - and a cast of incredible bloggers - as we mark our world with a promise of peace. Bloggers from around the world including 30 countries (and counting)and nearly every state in the United States will participate in BlogBlast for Peace.I hope you will participate in this growing phenomenon.
Your blog. One post. One day. Please spread the word.
How To Get Your Peace Globe
Thank you,
Mimi Lenox

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Glad to hear that your mom is fine and that Deuce is okay. Phew!!

Hope that wedding was fun - what a beautiful day they had!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor mom. I hope she feels okay after this crappy car thing.

C's Mom said...

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the pad (hint, hint).

Glad mom is fine and Deuce is leukemia free!

All the best to Spitgirl.

Kristine said...

Whew, so glad to hear that Deuce is ok!! I understand about the closet thing - we painted ours last week and it was sooo nice to put everything back, together in an organized manner. Hope that your Mom doesn't have any residual effects from the crash.Congrats to E&A - hope that they are as happy as Shawn and I have been for the past 17 years!!!

"M2" said...

glad gramma maple is ok
glad Deuce is too........though I knew that bloodwork was nonsense

kerri said...

Glad your Mom is okay, still nerve rattling to have to deal with such an a**.
Good news concerning Deuce!!
Glad to hear house is coming together, can't wait to seesome photos, *hint*. ;)

Mrs Pushy said...

Loved the story about the accident (since your mom turned out to be alright)- too funny! Glad to hear all is okay with your kitty, and that your house is coming along. Pictures please, or are you waiting for the final reveal~

D & S said...

I'm glad your mom is ok, that's the most important thing.

I can't wait to see the house!

redmaryjanes said...

That is nuts about your Mom's car accident. He handed our his business card and tried to offer people money. Pompous!
I'm glad that house is coming along nicely though.