Friday, January 30, 2009

These boots are made for walking...

Last night Josh and I met up with Sam and went out for dinner. We hadn't seen each other since December '07, so it was great to get together again!

It turned into something of a scavenger hunt as we decided where to go. We eventually decided upon Spring Rolls and asked the concierge (at her hotel) where the nearest one was. He told it was half a block south and we started on our way (since it was a 'spur-of-the-moment' decision to go there, we didn't look up the address beforehand).

We walked a block and thought it was strange that we didn't see the restaurant yet, but continued walking and assumed that the concierge meant a 'city block'. We kept walking and still didn't see the restaurant. We walked into a store and asked, but he wasn't terribly helpful because he hadn't heard of the restaurant before.

We walked some more and then went into another hotel and the waiter said it was 'just another block', and we continued on our way. We then walked another couple blocks (and I was getting rather annoyed by this time) and asked, yet again, and we were told it was across the street (in a large mall).

We finally sat down and I looked at the menu, which had their other locations. This is when I got really annoyed...the concierge was correct about the restaurant being half a block away from Sam's hotel...but it was NORTH, not SOUTH. So the one we went to was on the wrong street, on the wrong side, but other than that, he was right. Well, at least we got some exercise in, although I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't -20 celsius at the time. ;)

We had a thoroughly enjoyable dinner with great conversation. Spending time with Sam was certainly the highlight of an otherwise craptacular day, but those details aren't going to appear on the blog anytime soon. :P

Anyways, if you've never been to Spring Rolls and you live in the GTA, it's definitely a must-go. After dinner we headed to Lush to stock up...

I really do need to go to L.A. (Lush Anonymous).

6 comments:

D & S said...

Mmmm, Spring Rolls, now you've made me hungry! Glad you had a good time.

Michelle said...

I need LA too. I am running low on bath bombs and I am afraid to use them because I don't know when I will be able to get some more. SOB!

Juliette said...

Glad you could spend a good time (after a long walk) with this lovely lady.
Have a good weekend!

Kristine said...

Wish i was there too!! Sounds like lots of fun!!

Red Sand said...

It WAS fun, despite (and thanks to) the walking. I'm always up for an adventure or a quest... I love having these chances to meet up in person with the people who help me keep going, so thank you.

4D said...

Spring rolls, LUSH and blogger buddies...makes for an excellent evening.

Keep smilin!