Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The chase is on! ***UPDATE***

I went back to the dentist this morning for my 'final' fitting of the crowns at 8:00am, which is ungodly early when you're off work. I got to his office, he froze my mouth and put the crowns in place, held up a mirror and said 'well, what do you think?' I stared for a moment and said 'are they supposed to be so much lighter in colour?'

The dentist looked, hmmed and hawed for a moment and said 'well, it's done that way in case you want to whiten your teeth.' (At no point during all of this had I ever mentioned that I had even the slightest inclination to whiten my teeth).

So he put the temporary crowns back on and I made yet another appointment for a week Thursday (January 4th) for 10:00am. At that appointment I'm going to have the crowns custom coloured and it's going to take 2.5 hours. Envy me!

So I left the dentist's office in a rather pissy mood. So what else is a girl to do with a frozen mouth and a charge card? Go shopping, of course! (I won't say what I got or for whom, since it's a surprise! It wouldn't be much of a surprise to the person who reads this, if I say what it is. So pfffft.) When I got home, I wrapped said present and sent it Express Post.

After we left the Post Office, we were driving around and I was still in a pissy mood from this morning and Josh turned to me and said 'LOOK! We're being chased by a fortune cookie!' I thought for sure Josh was just trying to make me laugh, but lo and behold, I looked out the window and we were being chased by a fortune cookie!

We turned right, the fortune cookie turned right...we turned right again, the cookie turned right again...It followed us for a good 10 minutes. I simply had to take a picture from my handy-dandy cellphone camera as it passed us as 'proof'. :P

(If you look closely at the picture, you can even see the little fortune sticking out one end of the cookie.)

That definitely made my day, but considering how crappy it was overall, I'll take what I can get. ;)

***To answer Kathy's question, the car was from a fast "food" (yes, food is in quotes...and I'll leave it at that) restaurant called Manchu Wok. Now I'm tempted to drive by their main location and get a picture of a 'fleet' of fortune cookie cars. ;)

Though honestly, I can't say that I've ever seen the fortune cookie car out and about on the street before, so I kind of wonder if it was just that specific location that had the car. Hmmm.***

10 comments:

C's Mom said...

That's a freakin' riot! I want one of those ;0)

Special K said...

That is funny!

Not you're dental nightmare... the fortune cookie LOL!

Anonymous said...

Crazy!!! What company?

M and M said...

That picture is priceless!

I am sorry you are having dental issues. I hate the frozen mouth feeling!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine driving around with that thing all day? So funny!

BTW, thanks for the info on the blog templates. For now, I got a freebie but I may look into the info you gave me down the line.

dawn said...

I hope it made you giggle just a little bit cos it is kind of bonkers to be chased by a fortune cookie.
Sorry about the teetheys not matching.....stupid man probably wears odd socks!

Stephanie said...

Hi Rhonda! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Ack, the dentist! Sorry to hear you have to spend another 2.5 hours there.

Love the fortune cookie story! I also have a VW Beetle so it's good to know of my possible future income producing ventures!

spitgirl said...

That's pretty funny. I've always wanted to get a photo of the truck I see around my house - it's a delivery truck that looks like a roast turkey from the top - yes, drumsticks included.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet the dentists comment about the crown color was preceeded in his head with "Oh sh*t, she noticed...".

And I am soooo jealous of your fortune cookie stalker!!! SOOOOO COOL!!!

LedaP said...

I just recently went through some dental stuff as well, and I left wanting to switch dentists! I don't envy you at all & I totally feel your pain!