Monday, January 28, 2008

It's our policy...***UPDATE***

With the move, I've forgotten to inform all the institutions (no, not THOSE kinds of institutions) that we deal with, yeah I know I should have been more on the ball with it, but since we have all our mail forwarded to our new address for a year, there's still (technically) no rush.

Anyways, I called up someone today to say "we moved, please change your records", but I was told, "we need your permission in writing to do this". Mmmkay. It's just an address change, I'm not revealing the launch codes...

We arranged a time to meet to discuss something else and we hung up. Two seconds later, she called me back and said "By the way, I need your new address so I can send out the permission letter." Ques'que fuck?! (Yes, that's my new favourite saying).

So I said "If you need my address and I'm giving it to you now, why can't you simply change your records and be done with it." I was told, "I'm sorry, but this is our policy and it's for your protection."

Does this make ANY sense...AT ALL?!

***I should have prefaced this all by saying that she didn't check to make sure I was who I said I was when I was talking to her (ie., she didn't ask me any kind of security type questions), which makes it all the more ridiculous.*** ;)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

LMAO! That is just too funny. Sounds like something the govt would do. Makes you wonder.

D & S said...

If that is a government institution then yes, I fully see this as being normal for them.

Jeanne said...

I was once asked to mail in a copy of my marriage license when I called to change my last name to my married name... on my cable bill! Marriage license??? Really?? Come on, you're the cable company...

Anonymous said...

WTH?????????????

Alana said...

hey, just think how bored yoou'd be if these people didn't make it so interesting. Am I streching to be that glass half full person? Yeah I thought so..

OH MY #6 said...

too funny!

Lea

4D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
4D said...

Sorry...that was moi who deleted the comment...I forgot something.

Sadly I understand the reason why. However she prob. should not have sent the form out without the change of address but was prob. doing a bendy to make it easier. I got that policy here and that is what I have to do. We no makey the rules, we just gotta follow dem.

Flip it...if someone could just call and change your address over the phone and have all your mail redirected to them for fraudulent use, you would be pissed. It is for that reason it is needed in writing. Cover them and protect you.

Still a pain in the ass.

Keep smilin!

josh said...

this is exactly what living in japan is like, only EVERY DAY!

yes, yes...because all fraudsters are illiterate and can't forge a change of address form...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Do not try to figure it out... me, I would have played with her head abit and had some fun with it...

crazylady said...

I stopped at Ques'que... you fed me well tonight with jovialness.
spank you

"M2" said...

I LOVE your french!