Thursday, March 06, 2008

What's that smell?! Part trois...

Ok, everything's fine, BUT we had ANOTHER gas leak today.

Yup.

Completely separate from the one earlier today in the kitchen.

Can you believe it?

The one in the kitchen was taken care of around 2:30 and I went to work. I had to take the afternoon off work because they gave a range of time they would come to take care of it between 2:00 and 6:00.

I came home around 5:30 and I walked to the front door and I smelled an overpowering stench of gas. I thought for one G-d awful moment that our house was full of gas, but thankfully it was on the outside of the house.

Josh called up Enbridge and placed an emergency call and they said they would send someone out A.S.A.P. Now keep in mind this is a GAS LEAK. Kind of important, no? So we waited in the house since it was safe (lights were off, etc)...and we waited...and we waited...

Josh called again at 6:30 and again, they said they were going to send someone out A.S.A.P. Umm, I'm glad it's not THEIR house that has the leak...

We waited some more and then I got on the phone and put on my poor, pathetic voice (yeah, I know, I played it up, but who cares). I whined, pleaded and said I didn't feel safe in my house, and again they said they would send someone out A.S.A.P. Another 30 minutes passed by and finally someone came by. So all tolled we had to wait an HOUR AND A HALF for someone to tend to our gas leak. Grrr.

Anyways, this leak started from the register on the outside of the house, they completely replaced it and we weren't charged a cent for the call or the replacement of the parts. Not really the point, but it's a nice 'value added'. They really do need to work on their customer service and their attention to things like...gas leaks.

I had the guy run all around our house with his metre and make sure there were NO other leaks anywhere else in the house (both before AND after he replaced the register). I'm really getting tired of this...

3 comments:

D & S said...

You're kidding??? A THIRD leak...what are the odds. Well you know what they say, third time's the charm.

Catherine said...

Gas leaks are scary. Glad it all worked out and that you and your home are safe.

4D said...

Dude...no more beans for you!

Using the pathetic voice for good and not evil is totally acceptable.

Keep smilin!