Monday, November 27, 2006

Fun and merriment...

Josh and I got up this morning and noticed that Deuce hadn't used his new litter box overnight...at all. I couldn't decide if he was just nervous because it's a new box or if was still under the weather so I called the clinic (yet again). They really must be sick of hearing my voice. :P

They said that he's probably just trying to get used to the new box and as long as he's eating and drinking, he'll have to use it sooner or later. I decided to put him in his box and rub his feet in the gravel to get him accustomed to it. As soon as I put him in, he leapt back out. I was getting worried, so I did it several times and tried to 'encourage' him to use it. I know this sounds weird, but if you rub the cat's paws through the gravel, they will get used to it.

He thought it was a great game and continued to jump out and wrap himself around my legs. At one point I put him in and he thought it would be fun if he lay down in the box (it was new and had fresh gravel in it) and try to sleep.

Silly kitty.

I decided to leave him be and gave him a bit more food. He ate it and about an hour later I nudged him towards the box and he jumped in and peed. Success!

He's still not enamoured with the new box though, I think we might have to get him one that's a bit bigger. He's such a picky little guy...

The important thing is that he's healthy again! :)

On a side note, it now seems that Bloglines is behaving itself again...I thought something was a bit odd when it said I had 94 posts to read. :P

5 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Huge sigh of relief for Deuce. Glad to hear that he is feeling more like himself.

C's Mom said...

Yeah - bloglines puked up about 198 posts for me to wade through...yehaw!

Deuce, dude, whiz in the box already. Thank the stars mine are not box picky...whew!

4D said...

Good to hear! I am up to date. Bloglines was acting odd so thanks for the explanation.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Deuce is doing better now! I hope he does his duty in the box soon:)

D & S said...

I'm glad to hear the Deuce is doing better. Cats are such creatures of habit.