Monday, November 27, 2006

Fun in Batavia (part 2)

Josh and I set our alarm and got up at 8:15. We also set it up for a wake-up call (but this one wasn't as jarring as when we were in Italy in September...when a man banged on our door and screamed "GET UP!" in Italian, or at least I think that's what it was). :)

We decided to head to Walmart and Kmart to pick up some things for Deuce. He needed a new litter box and gravel, I won't pepper you with the details as to why, but I think you can all put two and two together...

We arrived at the restaurant about 15 minutes late, oops. Though in reality it was great timing, Nic, Tim and her mom put our names in for a table when they arrived and when we got there, we were all seated. Bonus!

The food was amazing, anytime I can have chocolate chip pancakes is a GOOD day. Josh had the peanut butter pancakes which just looked too sinful for words...

Anyways, we sat for a while talked about adoption stuff, family stuff, etc. and just enjoyed each other's company. It was great! I'm so glad that we got the chance to spend time with them and her mom. Hopefully we can do meet up with her again.

After breakfast we said our goodbyes (boo), and talked about them coming up next time to T.O. Hopefully they'll be in our neck of the woods in the next few weeks. :)

I wasn't quite finished shopping, I went into Chico's and did a bit more shopping. I ended up getting a red suede-y type material long-sleeved blouse which is just nummy to wear. Since I was already hopelessly over my limit for shopping I walked out of the store with the shirt in my hands and I sent Josh to rip up the bill and toss it in the garbage while I shoved the blouse in the suitcase. My suitcase was so full that I had to shove it in with my finger, just sort of poking it and hoping it would close after that. :P

We got on the road and the trip which should normally take us 2 hours, ended up taking us almost 4. The border was crazy, we were only stuck for about 45 minutes, but the route to go into the states was backed up to the exit at Stanley Avenue. If you've travelled that route before, you would understand how incredibly congested it was. We were also stuck on the QEW for almost an hour . Apparently there was an accident further up (I don't think it was serious, thankfully) but I was tempted to get out of the car and stretch my legs.

We finally got home around 4:00 or so, Josh collapsed into bed and I did two loads of laundry. Woo.

We went to pick Deuce up later in the evening and he seemed to be fine. When we got him home he dove into his food and just purred and cooed; happy to be home.

1 comment:

Mark & Michelle said...

Wow - sounds like you had a great whirlwind weekend.

Glad Deuce is doing better.

You are back on BLOGLINES - YEAH!!!