Sunday, September 10, 2006

Siblings posted to the Little Maple Project

As a sign of my undying thanks for the crew here participating in my survey, I've begun with four recordings of family: Older brother, older sister, younger brother, and younger sister.

I started putting tone marks into the pinyin I'm attaching to the files. See if you can hear the 4 different tones of Mandarin! There's a fifth tone, which is normally marked as a dot, but I've changed to an apostrophe. It's called the "qing1 sun1" (or the "soft tone") which isn't one of the formal 4 tones but is considered one anyway. (I'll talk about the four tones later, unless you guys have specific questions. Just post a comment here and I'll get to it when I have the time... :P)

And we thought Douglas Adams was crazy for fitting 5 books into a trilogy. (Okay, or Piers Anthony...)

The Little Maple Project

(Oh yes, and I never heard back from the woman who wanted "Daphne" - that was done a while back and is also in the Little Maple project.)

No comments: