Monday, February 12, 2007

Before and after

Our agency put on a CNY party this weekend (actually it was more of a LNY - Lunar New Year party). Since I've been in contact with a number of people (via their blogs) and they're with our same agency, I thought it would be nice if we all met up at the party and then went out for dinner! I emailed Nic and Tim, and they came up from Buffalo to meet up with us. I'll talk more about that in the next post...

Anyways, I had been emailing someone from my agency lately and for those of you that I've emailed know that I have my blog address in my 'signature'. Anyways, she went to my blog and wrote me back saying how much she enjoyed it and we continued emailing a few more times.

On Tuesday I got an email from her, asking if we could pick up the food for Sunday's party. At that point I had no idea how many people were showing up for the party and I figured 'why not?'...how much food could there possibly be?

On Wednesday I found out and freaked out a little. Since we have a Honda Accord I didn't think it would all fit in.

The amount of food was rather staggering, once I found out there were 325 people coming to the party, that is...

We had to pack 600 dumplings, 50 sweet rice dumplings, 200 dough fritters and 200 doughnuts into our car. GAH!

Once we found out how much food was involved, I emailed Kathy (who unfortunately didn't end up making it because Joel was sick), Dolores, Michelle, and Paula in a panic, asking if they could meet us at the restaurant on Sunday to help pick up the food. Michelle said that she would meet us and we agreed that if I needed her (or didn't) I'd call her and let her know. As it turned out, we were really close to needing help. Actually, at one point, I considered calling my brother who lives two minutes from the T&T supermarket where we picked up the food. I figure he could help since he drives a Pacifica...

When we got to the restaurant, the lady behind the counter asked what we were there for and I told her that I was picking up the order for our agency. She then took us into a small room and said 'here it is'. We asked her how much of it was ours, as there were containers on the floor and chairs. She said 'all of it, you'll need a buggy.'

At that point, Nicole said that the look on my face was priceless (and I'm quite sure it was). Josh looked at it and said 'holy *#(@'. While we can laugh about it now, yesterday it wasn't as funny. ;)

So the four of us made two trips to the car and slowly loaded it up. The entire trunk was full and so was the front passenger side (floor and seat).

We were not amused. :P

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

And wasnt all that food gone in less than an hour? I never knew you could spend $1000 bucks on dumplings.

Johnny said...

Accords rock! I carried a pallet full of St. Augustine grass sheets via my old car. It took two trips and the car kinda...sagged. But, my little gal did the job!

Ummm, smelled like fertilizer for the next 6 months tho.

C's Mom said...

I'm sorry...you were not amused - but I am ;0)

It all worked out! How's the car smell?

redmaryjanes said...

That is a lot of food! It sounds like it all worked out ok though.

4D said...

Your superior packing abilities came in handy today.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Have you gotten the smell of the dumplings out yet? I can't believe you managed to get it all in.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Oh dear! I'm sure it would have fit just perfectly in our Jeep...but I wouldn't be able to stand the smell after a while and Joel would have hurled the whole way. A blessing in disguise for sure.

Rhonda said...

It's pretty bad...it's reminiscent of that Seinfeld episode and "the beast"...

M and M said...

I too am curious about the smell - I know that Josh was quite concerned about it...

Had a great time - thanks for organizing us all!e

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't amused Rhonda...it really was a big help to me!

Donna