Thursday, February 01, 2007

One year ago tonight....

I started thinking about our paperchase lately and remembered that tonight marks exactly one year since we had our first meeting with our S.W. to discuss the adoption.

ONE YEAR.

How time fli...err, drags. ;)

We decided at some point last January to adopt, but unfortunately that date doesn't stick out in my mind. I know a lot of you out there have one event or date that stands out as *the date* you decided to adopt, but honestly, I don't recall when that was for us. There was no fanfare; we just knew we wanted to adopt.

I could go into the reasons why, but I won't. No offense people, but there are some things that I won't discuss on the blog.

----------------------------------------

Now for something completely different (well, not exactly, but I wanted to use that phrase). :P

The CCAA updated their site. Congratulations to all the parents who are seeing their children for the first time today. They also finally updated the site to show that everyone up to and including March 22 '06 have successfully been through the "Review Room". I'm hoping that sometime this year, we'll be through. Is that too much to ask? ;)

Johnny got "the call" today. He and Sharon are now the proud parents of a beautiful 25 month old son! A wonderful addition to their family and a little brother for Megan.

2 comments:

4D said...

Time sure does fly and drag all at the same time.

I hope it all speeds up!!

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

I'm hoping that it speeds up too, but all I keep hearing is about large amounts of people putting in their dossiers. I think we're going to be in line for a long time.