Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Only a blonde could think of this...*

You have to love the logic involved in this. First the sorority mentions that their numbers have been dropping for years, and then they decide to get rid of 23 members. They're going to increase the numbers in their sorority by dumping a bunch of their members. Bwah? How does that make *any* kind of sense whatsoever?

They now only accept girls who are "popular" with the boys...I think there's another name for that, but I'm too much of a lady to say it. Ok, I'm not, but it sounded good.

While I was never a member of a sorority during my undergrad or post-grad, hell, I don't even know if sororities existed on campus, I was too busy *gasp* learning. Now this isn't to say that sororities don't have their bright spots, I'm sure they do. It's just something that I was never exposed to...ever.

*No blondes were harmed in the writing of this post.

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

I call this 'Debbie does Tri-Delta' ;0) It's gonna be a major feature flick!

Polar Bear said...

I remember the DZs when I was in college. They were already the stuck-up Bs of campus. Now it sounds like the powers that be are just making it legal.

Red Sand said...

oh, some university memories are flooding back - observer memories, not participant memories. I never quite believed that sororities were a real thing until I got to Montreal...

Stephanie said...

This is disgusting but it doesn't surprise me. Like you said, I'm certain that there are a lot of positive things that come out of sorority life but in my opinion this type of thing has been going on forever.

"M2" said...

I lasted about a month in one--it was not for me.
All of them were the stuck up B's on our campus