Monday, February 05, 2007

A phone call and 9000 pieces later...

I was woken up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago by some (insert offensive name here) who wanted to know where we lived. That's all they said, over and over "where do you live?" and my brilliant husband, instead of hanging up on the person kept asking "who is this?" so it turned into somewhat of a comedy of errors.

Anyways, I couldn't sleep after that and I turned on The Shopping Channel. Big mistake. Now I'm not one to buy things off the tv, but I saw this 9000 piece scrapbook set. Yes, you read that right...9000 pieces. I figured I couldn't go wrong considering it was only $37.00.

I received it a few days after I placed my order and it's still sitting on the dining room table. I have no idea how to even get started on this. You see, I'm not one of 'those people' who scrapbook. Not that I'm talking about scrapbookers in a negative light, I actually envy people who can take photos and scraps of paper/lace/embellishments and make something beautiful. I just have no skill when it comes to anything arty.

So here I sit with a 9000 piece scrapbook set and have no clue what to do.

Next time I think I'll make him hang up.

9 comments:

M and M said...

I too want to get into scrapbooking, but don't really have a clue where to start...perhaps we can learn together...I am thinking we must invest the help of Kathy and/or Catherine!

Deb said...

The same thing happened to us not so long ago and the guy was pretty out of it. He also was asking where we lived. I'd say next time it happens hang up and hit *57(keep safe). A recording will confirm the call has been traced then call your local police if you want to scare them or take legal action. Not many people out there know about this feature, comes in handy expecially if it wakes up your kids. Scare the hell out of the creeps who think they can get away with that crap!

redmaryjanes said...

Choose one person, event, holiday-whatever to focus on.
Only focus on that one thing or you will be overwhelmed.
Sort through your photos (I know that this is easier said than done). When I first started scrapping, I had 13 years of pictures, none of my children had even baby books.
Select the photos you like most that coordinate with the one event or holiday.
If you are choosing a person, focus on a particular time of their life or a single event they were involved in.
Then choose 2-4 coordinating pictures and lay them on your page.
Choose paper in colors that bring out colors in your photos.
Start to lay things out.
Don't be afraid to cut the pictures down if there is something in it you don't like.
Write down what you remember about that time and include it on your page.
Use stickers, old cards, or anything you like.
You'll do great!!

4D said...

I am doing the digital version! Love it and it is super easy. Give it a go with all the cool bits you have now. I am sure you will do a great job.

Keep smilin!

t~ said...

I'm a scrapbooking ho...it's theraputic on so many levels. Get yourself a magazine of ideas, that will inspire you. It's addicting and it won't stop at $37. I have thousands invested.
Scrap on!

"M2" said...

another non artsy person here:
I'll trade you that scrapbook for the handy dandy ez knitting loom kit I got for Christmas-- 4 minutes in and I quit. :)

D & S said...

I've seen an infomercial for that. 9,000 pieces is a lot. I've been very tempted to purchase it too.

Kristine said...

My mantra - the Shopping Channel and martini's don't mix!!!! I have bought a few useless items which I thought were "Just Great" at the time!! Good luck with your 9000 pieces.

"M" said...

It always amazes me what I think seems like a good idea to buy in the middle of the night. Some of those info-mercials are really convincing! I'm sure you will put the scrapbooking stuff to good use. And if you can figure out a way to slim one's thighs with some of the 9000 pieces, you too can get a spot and sell sell sell in the am.