Monday, February 26, 2007

*SNAP*

The other day I was blog surfing (yes it's a word and I'm sticking to it) and went to someone's page and saw a neat little feature which I literally drooled over. If you hovered your mouse (not clicked) on any of her links in her sidebar or any hyperlink in any post, a little window would pop up that would show a preview of the page in question.

How cool is that? I might be behind the times, but this was the first time I had seen it. Anyways, I tried to put the code on my page as well, but no matter what I did, nothing seemed to work.

Long story short, I bugged a few people who looked into it, but to no avail.

I figured, I'd write to the fine people at Snap to get some help. I wrote a quick note on their feedback form and figured I'd get a 'thank you for your question' response and that would be the end of it. Of course, initially I got that.

Then today I got a response from someone who said that they couldn't find anything wrong with the code, but she said she would pass it along to the tech department to see if they could figure it out. I just got another email from them with the code fix. How neat is it that they would take time out of their day to fix code for li'l ol' me?

To say that I'm impressed is an understatement. I'm seriously loving this...

10 comments:

C's Mom said...

Ahhh...she has so much more patience than me!

That was nice of them at SNAP...at least they give a hooey about their users.

M and M said...

I could see that CJ was your 1 comment before I went to the page as the SNAP told me so - good thing she has a recognizable picture.

What a COOL thing. It appears to be working on the two places in your post! Maybe I read it wrong...has it been fixed already or you tried and it didn't (but it appears to be). Now I am not making any sense...

Still it is cool

CA Momma said...

Yeah, I kinda like SNAP too. Glad they took the time to help ya out.

Polar Bear said...

I have seen this feature on other blogs. It is really cool.

That was VERY nice of them to work with you.

Red Sand said...

You're right, that's amazing! Next time I have a moment, I may play around a bit...

redmaryjanes said...

That sounds really cool. Let us know when you get it on your blog so I can put it on mine too!!

Rhonda said...

It's on there now...you're soaking in it. :P

Anonymous said...

dude, you are going to change the world!

Cari said...

That's the coolest thing!!!

D & S said...

Now THAT is cool! I must look into this. I'm glad the SNAP people were able to give you a hand with that.