Sunday, May 27, 2007

3-2-1...SUSHI!

Last night Kathy and Joel, Michelle and Mark, Josh and I went out for dinner. Not just ANY dinner...an all-you-can-eat sushi extravaganza!

Now Josh and I go out for sushi fairly regularly, but last night's restaurant blew all the other restaurants away by a mile. I've seen Kathy rave about a place called Sushi Mountain on her blog, and I kept trying to weasel an invite get together with them for a while...dropping hints here and there, but I guess they weren't strong enough. ;)

As we drove along the 401 to get to the restaurant, we were passed by someone towing a boat called the "Summer Sausage". Josh and I looked at each other and broke down in giggles...what a name!

We got to the restaurant for 7:00 and we sat around and talked about a bunch of things while we waited for Michelle and Mark to arrive. They got to the restaurant around 7:30...and it was time to get our 'grub' on.

We ordered a bunch of different appetizers and rolls off the menu (most of which I've forgotten the names of...but not the tastes). The food was better than Kathy mentioned, and I'm not one to rave about food, but WOW. The sushi was so good that Josh had an out of body experience and conversed with Jimi Hendrix. ;)

The waiter actually ended up forgetting about one of the sushi rolls, which is probably for the best because if you don't finish everything you order (even though it's an all-you-can-eat restaurant), they charge you for what you don't finish.

We ended up talking for so long after the meal that we didn't realize we were the last ones left in there. We actually ended up leaving at 10:10...20 minutes before they closed for the evening.

It was a great evening out with some really fantastic people who I consider close friends. It's really amazing how the adoption process and 'blogland' has helped us form such strong bonds.

Can't wait for the BBQ, Kathy! ;)

17 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

It has now become our mantra that after we meet with friends for whatever reason, Joel and I get into the car and say, "We have the best friends!". Last night, we said it all the way home.
What a fun night and with such great people. Thank you so much for your very sweet gifts. We bought the Gazebo today!! BBQ, here we come!

M and M said...

It was a most enjoyable evening - even for the non sushi eater!!

Kathy thinks she has the best friends - don't tell her but Mark and I actually do...

The ONLY thing that could have made it better was round tables!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm not so great with the sushi thing, but it sounds like a blast!

4D said...

Sounds like a super time!

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

So glad you had such a great time! I was sorry to have to miss this one. Hopefully next time!

"M" said...

Sounds like a fun time! And all you can eat sushi.... I would be happy for days.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds very good. I love sushi.

redmaryjanes said...

I love sushi and I think it's great that you all get together.

Jill and Jaap said...

Going to have to try that one out sometime! Glad you guys had a great time!

aimeeg said...

Glad to know we're not the only ones who would giggle at "Summer Sausage".

Mamacita said...

Mmmmmm. Jealous, here!

D & S said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Getting together with bloggy friends makes the wait more bearable.

C's Mom said...

I like that I'd be able to stay on my diet plan if I were to hang with you guys. There's no raw fish going in this chicks mouth. I'll chat why you pretend to be grizzlies ;0)

Unknown said...

Blogging friends rock! Glad you had a nice time

crazylady said...

I can only imagine,...being an outsider :( to the cool gang.

Sounds like the ankle didn't hamper you eating raw fish.

LaLa said...

YUMMMMMM....good food and good friends...what a wonderful time.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Sigh, I love sushi. That sounds like heaven! We do have a few sushi places here in Marrakesh but they are super pricy:-(