Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend fun!

Josh and I went to see Spiderman 3. It was good, but the ending was crap. It was way too sappy. I was kind of hoping for something...more. There were too many villains, Nic, you were right on the money there. It was also a little too predictable. I have to admit, however, that the Symbiote was pretty freaking cool and the visual effects were mind blowing. It was helli-lame when they showed the 'evil' Peter Parker as having bangs, but the goody-two-shoes Peter Parker as having his hair to the side. Couldn't they have done ANYTHING other than that?! Feh.

When I got home, I got an email from Dolores inviting Josh and I out for breakfast the following morning. It was last minute and all, but we gladly went. Not only were Dolores and Shawn there, but so were Lisa, Craig, and K and Tracey, Mike, and M.

Both kids had a blast and seemed to get along really well. After brunch, while most of the adults were standing around and talking, Josh and K had an in-depth conversation about medieval history. Apparently K told Josh that she's doing a unit on that topic and she has to do a project about weaponry. Josh told her a few things to look up, and she said that she would go home and 'Google it'. Ahhh, how things have changed since WE were in school. ;)

Dolores, Shawn, Josh and I then decided to go for a little walk around the mall looking for charm bracelets in vain. We went into People's Jewellers to look for a specific bracelet, but couldn't find it. The saleslady told Dolores that that particular one was 'old' or 'old fashioned' and they didn't sell it anymore. Umm, it was in the stores not too long ago, but whatever. I'll eventually find the charm bracelet I'm looking for. C'est la vie.

Actually, while we were walking through the mall, we found two little kids (probably about four years old or so) lying on the floor. At first it looked like they were wrestling...but upon further inspection, they were umm, what can only be described as 'writhing' on top of one another in a, err, strong embrace moving up and down on one another. We all turned to look at one another and did a quick double take...and I think we all had the same look of 'are they doing what we think they're doing!?' We looked back again and just shook our heads and walked away.

11 comments:

D & S said...

That was an interesting sight those two children...We will find those bracelets, it will be my mission! I'm so happy you were both able to join us, it was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

kinky!

What kind of charm bracelet are you looking for? We could look here when you are here.

C's Mom said...

Note to self: do not go anywhere with Tracy, Kris or Rhonda. Everywhere they go there is duck, lizard and now kid kinkiness.

Good luck on finding that bracelet.

Unknown said...

I would have been shocked as well

kitchu said...

Uhmmm... weird? Like, where were the parents?? Glad you got to meet up with fellow bloggers Dolores and Shawn... can't wait to meet more (I've met David and Amy so far, way cool).

kitchu said...

To Connie: Oh come on now... nothin' wrong with a little lizard love.

4D said...

Sounds fun but the kiddie weirdness would def freak me out too.

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

I've been reading all of the posts. You guys really had a great time!

Operationtigerlily said...

Ditto the kiddie weirdness!!! If only they we older you could have said "get a room"

M and M said...

I thought you had a charm bracelet?

Sounds like a great lunch...you weren't all wearing red? heehee

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I would DEFINITELY have been shocked.
I hope you can find your bracelet. Old fashioned-shmold-fashioned.