Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Soccer and stuff

Tonight Josh and I went to see my nephew Z play his first game of the soccer season. Not only did he ALMOST score a goal, but in the second half of the game he was the goalie and didn't let anyone score on him...not bad for a six year old! Though when he was the goalie, he was more interested in the sand at his feet than the ball that was coming towards him.

He looked SO cute in his uniform. At one point one of his friends from school came to the game and Z up and walked over to him, in the middle of the game, and yelled 'HEY! Wanna come to my place after the game?' Very cute. :)

Sitting next to us on the sidelines was a cute little Chinese girl, about three years old who had a snack of three Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag. She pulled one out, examined it closely, put it back, took out cookie #2 which didn't meet her exacting standards and in it went. The third one was JUST RIGHT and proceeded to use the Cookie Monster method of cookie eating, that of splitting the cookie in half and licking vigourously.

Later on, she tried to get her mom's attention by yelling in her ear 'mom'...'mom'...'MOM' and when that didn't work, she screamed 'HEY!' to which her mom promptly paid attention to her. She was SO damn cute that my heart ached.

I just read on the rumour site that referrals might only go to the 7th of November. Blah.

I was hoping those early rumours of somewhere on the north end of the 15th would come true, but it doesn't look that way now. At this rate, they won't finish 2005 until the end of the year. I wish I had a better idea of when we would get a referral than 'sometime in 2009...we hope.' At least I have a few days away with friends to look forward to this weekend...oh, and some shoppy goodness. ;)

6 comments:

aimeeg said...

Way to go, Z! I love watching six year olds play sports. My niece played soccer when she was five or six and was so much more interested in doing cartwheels on the field than actually playing the game.

Referral rumors suck.

Anonymous said...

I think we need to stick to happy places like soccer games.

OziMum said...

Yes, the latest rumours are very suckie indeed!

The little girl sounds divine! What a cutie!

4D said...

Too cute! A get away is a great solution to the yucky stuff.

Keep smilin!

"M2" said...

I turn into a blubbery mess when I see a cute little chinese girl.
it's embarassing

D & S said...

I agree with Nicole, stick to happy places.