Friday, May 25, 2007

Next time I'm going to the vet...

As I haven't heard from the rheumatologist since I had my test done (last Tuesday), I called him today. Truth be told though, I've called him a few times, but I hadn't heard anything about the results. Today I called again and I spoke to the secretary.

My first question, of course, was about the results. The secretary said that the doctor reviewed the results and that everything was 'normal'. Umm, bullshit?

If everything is 'normal' then why am I in pain? Why am I eating Tylenol 3s like Tic Tacs?

But I digress, I asked her when I could see the doctor again and she said, 'well, usually we don't make appointments for six weeks after your first appointment'. I said, 'well I'm in pain'. She said she would call me on Monday and get me in to see him (possibly) sometime next week. I asked if they had any openings Monday afternoon and she said yes.

If I don't hear from her Monday morning, I'll be sitting in the waiting room, without an appointment, (waiting impatiently) on Monday afternoon.

10 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOw. I hope you can get everything sorted out. That can be SO frustrating!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

It reminds me of the Sex and the City episode where Samantha sat in the oncologist's office without an appointment for a week to get in to see her.
Hope you don't have to go to those lengths!

crazylady said...

Whaddya mean, ...eating tylenol #3's like tic tacs is bad?
Kick the doc with the foot and ask them if it 'feels' normal to them.

4D said...

Ugh! You take your place in that waiting room and make sure you do not leave until he sees you.

Enjoy the Tic Tacs!! LOL

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

They are running you around like a crazy woman.

redmaryjanes said...

I definitely would go. So, he did one test and it came back normal...there is still something wrong, he needs to get to the bottom of it.

OziMum said...

I hate the "normal" response, when things are clearly not NORMAL!!!

That's right up there with, "Its a virus." That translates to, I don't have a clue!

C's Mom said...

I hope you get some answers..and, more importantly, some relief - FAST.

M and M said...

I think (some) doctors have an arrogance about them and that they SKIPPED the 'bedside manner' training in med school.

"M2" said...

Medical care at its finest.
what crap!
sometimes you just gotta force your way
Good Luck