Monday, May 14, 2007

Busy...busy...busy...

Tonight Josh and I went to a Children's Bridge 'parent chat'. While we're not Little Maple's parents...yet, we still wanted to go out and see what these are about. I'm glad we did. Not only did we get a chance to see Michelle and Mark and Paula again, but I also had the opportunity to meet Senja as well!

Topics covered included: interim/dual adoptions, lifebooks, sleep issues, bonding and attachment, among others...it was quite the full evening to cover all that in two hours.

I'm really happy that I was able to meet Senja. I've only been following her blog for a couple of weeks, but I love her writing style. As the A-mom of twins, she shoots from the hip and talks of how life REALLY is. It's not always rainbows and sunshine...and it's good to hear.

It seems that at some point this evening I passed 14,000 hits on the blog. Woo. I'm not really sure why, but people seem to have buggered off. I'm not getting nearly as many hits as I used to. Not that I'm writing this blog for the adulation, but it IS nice to know that people are reading...

I think I should probably try to get a good night's sleep tonight. Tomorrow I get to spend a few hours at the hospital while I get a bone scan done on my ankle. It's STILL bugging me after all this time. My G.P. still thinks it's a sprained ankle, even though I didn't do anything to it, nor was there any swelling or bruising...I just woke up one morning in January with pain and it hasn't gone away since. Also, the rheumatologist is stumped, so off I go for the scan. Grah!

By the way, thanks for all the comments and emails about yesterday's post. I was just feeling down and needed to vent...

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Hey, when people sign up for Bloglines or another reader they often don't come to the actual blog. They're still there and reading but aren't tapping your sitemeter to do it.

Keep us posted on the scan! Good luck...hospitals are just so fun.

4D said...

Those info evening are always great.

CJ has all the answers!

Good luck with the scan. Keep us updated.

Keep smilin!

crazylady said...

Hey you. Now that I've had the pleasure of your acquaintance, you can look forward to more comments, without my polite sober second thought. It was great to see you come out and check out the CB event. Hope to have you heckle at next months. Thanks for the nice write up about me. And your lost traffic might have gone my way. I hit over 15,000 hits last night, and that was on the 2 month anniversary of my blog. Mindboggling to say the least. If you need someone to use as a 'scapegoat' ...ie...well 'she' did it.... then look no further.
Door is always open at searchanddestroytwins.blogspot.com

but bugger off during nap times.
tootles

D & S said...

Good luck with the scan, I hope it's nothing too serious. Don't worry about venting. We all have our down moments and we need to get it out for our own sanity.

M and M said...

It was great to see you last night as usual!

Good luck on the bone scan!