Thursday, August 24, 2006

Biblical proportions and muffin bottoms

I got up early this morning because I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to wake my husband up with my tossing and turning. Deuce was acting a little strange, mewing and cooing more than usual. Anyways, I flitted around online and once he woke up, I went back to sleep for a bit.

When I got up, Deuce snuck into the bathroom while I took my shower (this is his usual routine, he likes the steam from the shower) and he continued his cooing and mewing. I got out of the shower, said goodbye to my husband as he left for the day and went to dry my hair.

I had the hairdryer on and I thought I heard something, but just chalked it up to my husband locking the door and continued drying my hair. When I finished, I walked down the hallway and looked to my right and saw a cat gurgle of biblical proportions spread all over our rug in the living room (he likes to walk while he has a furball. What can I say? He's talented). The cat had a look of self-satisfaction on his face and just kept watching me as I cleaned it up.

Once the carpet was clean, I went to get my breakfast because I had SUCH an appetite after that. *mutter*

Wouldn't you know it? As I put my chocolate chip muffin on the plate, the bottom half fell and landed on the floor. Deuce was happily licking away until I shooed him away and cleaned it up.

Perhaps I should have just stayed in bed...

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

Must be something up with our cats spewing all over these days ;0)

Hey, muffin tops are the best anyway!

Kristine said...

Our 18 year old ate tuna the other night and ... well I am sure you get the picture!! We have actually taken all of the carpets up but before that, we used a little rug cleaner from walmart for their "spills". I have many a morning like yours!!!!