Saturday, August 26, 2006

More ramblings from the sleep deprived

I ended up having yet another migraine yesterday which was particularly nasty so I took one of my 'happy pills' (Fiorinal). They have a wonderful ability to knock out not only the migraine, but me as well. I try not to take them too often because they are known to be addictive, and that's something I just don't want to have happen, so I save them for those 'special' occasions when I can sleep them off over the course of a weekend.

I had a fairly good night's sleep last night, but woke up at the ungodly hour of 7:00 (well, ungodly for a weekend) this morning, puttered around the computer for a little bit and then went back to sleep and woke up at 11:30. Oops.

I had an overpowering desire to go shopping, what better thing to do when you're groggy and headachy? We ended up running around Yorkdale Mall, picked up some new pillows and a couple frames for our pictures from the Chinese Lantern Festival from a few weeks ago. Woo, do I lead an exciting life or what?

While we were at the mall, I popped into HMV to see if the second season of Grey's Anatomy was out. I recently became addicted to that show. I have an uncanny ability to get addicted to shows when they've already been on for a couple of years. I rarely follow the herd when people rave about a show (though the one exception was House. Hugh Laurie...mmm.)

Unfortunately Grey's Anatomy isn't out until September 12, which kind of sucks, but I poked my husband into agreeing that he'd get that for my birthday in a couple weeks.

When we got home around 4:00, I went to take a 'short' nap and woke up at 7:30. When I got up, my husband was watching a program on the Food Network (he's a foodie at heart) all about how to make ice cream. So since I had already missed dinner, and I wasn't really in the mood for it anyways, we went here , perhaps the show was sending me subliminal messages. ;) Nothing better than THAT for dinner, right? It can't be that bad for the diet...Anyways, I found my new favourite flavour. Campfire S'mores, utterly amazing!

7 comments:

Headmeister said...

Holy Crap! I just gained 5 lbs reading the name of that ice cream flavor! YUM!!!

C's Mom said...

Campfire smores sound too freaky good!

I gotta tell you, House is my kinda man. I love his smart @ss! That's saying a lot since I don't watch TV until the wee hours o' the mornin!

Hope you have a Fiornal-free day tomorrow (errr....today)!

I gotta get to bed or I'll need you to send me some Fiornal.

4D said...

I love Grey's too! I got into late but now I adore it.

Ice cream for supper...sweet!

Happy to hear you are feeling better!

Keep smilin!

PaulaBrett said...

I too suffer from migraines. They are not nice when they happen. Thanks for leaving the message on our blog. Great to hear from a fellow CB member. We are in group 271 so not too far ahead of you.

Have you any idea when we will hear what our LID's are?

Paula

Rhonda said...

Paula,

It can take up to three months to find out when our LID is. If you want to talk about it, drop me an email. :)

Anonymous said...

Migraines = shopping. I get it

walternatives said...

My husband and I went to BR on our wedding night. We eloped and BR was our private reception. Two scoops for each of us. We recently got a Donvier ice cream maker - wonderful investment from ebay. Good homemade ice cream in 30 minutes. Look into it.