Thursday, August 31, 2006

Run for the hills!

My mom and I are headed to Buffalo this weekend for a little cross-border shopping jaunt, so that means no blogging for me...ACK!

Typically by the end of our three days there our car looks something a little like the picture to the left (except ours is much more packed).

It's always amusing when we pull up the booth and they say "do you have anything to declare?" and we have to stifle a giggle and say "oh we only bought a few things..."

I'm also meeting Nicole on Sunday while I'm there. We're going out for a pancake breakfast...mmmm pancakes (insert Homer Simpson-like drooling). It should be a blast and I'm really looking forward to it!

Meanwhile, my husband is staying home for the weekend with Deuce. He told me that he's going to have the fire extinguisher at the ready for my return to put out the smoking credit card...

9 comments:

Sister Christian said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Buffalo for shoppingness, but I doubt thats gonna happen anytime soon...anyway, hope you have fun!

Rhonda said...

Wow! Someone actually posted a comment before Connie. I think you're starting to slip... ;)

spitgirl said...

This is for you!

The Little Maple Project

spitgirl said...

Oh yeah, let me say that I'm also taking requests for recordings. ;)

Rhonda said...

E,

You rock. ;)

I added the link to that to the bottom of the page. Me likey.

4D said...

Just when I head to your neck of the woods, you take off!

Have fun!

Keep smilin!

4D said...

P.S. Spitgirl!!!

I have a request to make: Daphne

Keep smilin!

dananddorisclark@sympatico.ca

spitgirl said...

月桂, which is pronounced "yue4 gui4". I'll see what I can do about posting an Odeo of that when I get back home tonight. This is based off of the original meaning of "Daphne," which is "Laurel tree," according to babynames.com. Laurel tree includes the last character of "tree," which makes it 月桂樹. (However, you don't want to name your kid "tree.")

The first character is "moon" and the second character is the word for "cinnamon." Here's that second character:

Chinese dictionary definition

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didnt make it!