Thursday, August 17, 2006

Where DOES the time go?

It feels like just yesterday that we were DTC and today I got an email from my agency saying that they were requesting our 12-month post placement report. Oh wait, it WAS yesterday that we were DTC.

Actually the email went like this:

"Our records indicate that your 12 month Post Placement report is now Not Due Yet. Your completion of these reports is extremely important and your compliance is critical to the future of the China adoption program."...

Umm, our 12 month Post Placement report is now Not Due Yet? Call me crazy, but that has to be THE most confusing sentence...ever.

Needless to say, we got a frenzied email shortly afterwards apologizing profusely about the email and that it was sent out in mistake. (You're telling me.)

"Please disregard the previous e-mail regarding the 12 month post placement report. An error occured in the database and you were mistakenly contacted. My sincere apologies for any confusion or consternation this may have caused.

I will be contacting the approximately 25 families who have adopted from China whose 12 month post placement reports are due separately from this message."

(Ok, it's disregarded...but it's going on my blog anyways. ;))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We interrupt your grueling wait to make you crazy. . .

C's Mom said...

Doy! Oopsie! Drat, a boo-boo! Pardon me, we #*$&@( up!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I got the exact email and thought about replying with something like, "We would love to give you our post placement report as soon as we:
A) Get our LID
B) Skip the 14-18 month referral wait
C) Go to China
D) Become a Forever Family
Too funny!