Friday, August 25, 2006

Ramblings from the sleep deprived

I haven't written about him before, but I have a wonderful, handsome, bright nephew (and no I'm not biased). We found out in June that he's skipping senior kindergarten and going straight into grade one!

If you give him a book he can read it cover to cover, and at Passover this year, he read from the Hagaddah (and he read better than two other children that were older than him). For a five year old to read the word Egypt, having never seen it before, is pretty impressive (at least to me it is).

Anyways, my husband and I went to my nephew's soccer game last night, it was the last one of the season. :( Here are a couple of the choice things he said last night:

"Bubbie (Yiddish word for grandmother) do you know where the clouds go at night?" "No, Z, I don't. Where do they go?" "They go to China!"

(After being hit in the ear by another child, he walked off the field and went up to his mom.) "Z, oh your ear is all red. I bet you're P.O'ed." "No mom, I'm pissed off!"

Did I say he was brilliant or what? :P

On a side note, I'm now down 8.5 pounds! Slow and steady wins the race...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, you are rambling. And I love it!

4D said...

Sounds like a smart little guy!

Good for you on the weight loss!

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Good news on the poundage loss!

I just KNOW I'd love that kid...my kinda man!