Monday, August 21, 2006

Two (semi) mad scientists at work...

Introduction:

My cat is rather spoiled and unique in his taste for fine clothing. Whenever my husband leaves his clothes on the bed, the cat always has this innate knack for finding the 'best' clothes. It doesn't seem to matter what clothes he leaves there, Deuce will always find the best. So, tonight we decided to run a little experiment to test this theory.

Purpose:

We neatly folded three pairs of my husband's pants and left them in a pile to test if Deuce really could tell the difference.

Apparatus:

Three pairs of pants and signs, one apparently very sleepy cat, a digital camera, and two exceptionally bored parents-in-waiting.

Observations:

Pile A is a pair of wool pants, Pile B is a pair of jeans and Pile C is a pair of Tilley pants.



We then waited for Deuce to jump on the bed and make his choice...which was A.



We removed Deuce from the bed and rearranged the piles of clothes to see if he could notice the difference.



We again waited for Deuce to make his choice...which was C.



For our last attempt we switched the piles around again, took him off the bed and left the room.



When we came back to the room we found him on...pile A!



Conclusions:

What have we learned from this? Deuce CAN tell the difference between wool, jeans and Tilley pants, and we were extremely bored tonight. Also, if CCAA doesn't hurry up and give us an LID soon, we're going to have to subject the kitty to more experiments! :P

***DISCLAIMER***

No cat was harmed in the making of this experiment. I hope nobody from CCAA sees this site or they might re-think things a bit. ;)

6 comments:

Headmeister said...

Holy crap this is hysterical. I HAVE to do this with my cats... I can't resist... If I end up blogging it I will be linking back to this post! My cats ALWASY have a preference - my husbands jeans! I don't know what it is, but maybe he just carries sardines in his pockets or something...

C's Mom said...

Hee hee. Mine always find some clothing or furnishing the direct opposite of their own color and then flip over and do the doggy back-scratch on it. White hair on dark things and black hair on light things. Punks!

Whoever invented the tape roller thing obviously had smilar pets.

My kitties have never had litter box issues either but Jake did pull up on my former fiancee's dress shirt one time and let go. Hey, he left the shirt on the floor. Those two always did have a hate-hate relationship ;0)

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Oh my God, I laughed out loud at this one!!! Too funny! Our cats are the same way and I suspect that they have a little passive agression streaming through their feline veins.

spitgirl said...

I will suggest this to Andy and see what he thinks about it. :)

4D said...

That is hysterical! Hey... we gotta get creative to pass the time.

Keep smilin!

Kristine said...

You guys are too creative!! No really, you are!! Sooo funny. Our cat will only sleep on towels and 400 count Egyptian Cotton Sheets!!