Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yoyo dieting isn't fun, so I've cut the string ;)


At the end of June I decided it was high time to start losing weight again, not that I'm overweight, but I could stand to lose some. I gained a bit since last summer, I guess it was a combination of factors, but I've now flung myself into a weight loss and exercise regime.

For the past month I've been getting up early every morning (well, on days when it isn't 30+ celsius before 7:00am) and going for a 40-45 minute walk. Also once or twice a week I've been walking home from work as well which is another 50-55 minute walk, though I haven't done that for about a week or so, it's just been too bloody hot.

In addition, I've cut out all soft drinks (I just go for the hard stuff now :P) and now mainly stick to drinking about six glasses of water a day. I used to have a horrible habit of sitting in front of the tv or computer and drink tons of diet pop. Sure, it was diet, but the sodium in it blew me up.

So since the end of June I've lost 7.5 pound, and my goal is to lose another 12.5 or so. I'm not one of those people who care if I lose it by X date, I just care about losing it overall. If I can lose more, I'd be ecstatic, though I think I'm starting to put on muscle, so perhaps putting a number on the weight might not be realistic.

I lost a majority of the weight in the first couple of weeks and I've been able to keep it off. Now if I can only cut back on drinking my iced cappucinos...

No comments: