Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Inhale...exhale...and repeat

Ok, now that I've had a chance to calm down, I can post semi-rationally...I think.

I called my hubby and screamed something like "We're DTC! We're DTC! WE'RE D...T...C...!!!" and he was just over the moon (well as over the moon as one can be over the phone). :)

This news couldn't have come at a better time. Not only was I beginning to fret about things in general, but I hastily sent out an email to our agency asking for any news.

I got the call at 11:00am and I was feverishly scribbling notes while I tried to comprehend that this was REALLY happening. This couldn't have come at a better time/date as it is also my mother-in-law's 70th birthday today. Talk about timing!

I must have looked like the cat that swallowed the canary all day as I didn't divulge the DTC information to anyone, which is quite a trick when I work for my father-in-law. ;)

Since I knew that we would all be having dinner together to celebrate my MIL's birthday, I waited until the right time. I waited until everyone gave their orders for dinner and turned to my MIL and said 'We got you an indirect birthday present, we found out we're dossier to China today!' (they're not really up on the lingo, yet). My mom and MIL were SO happy, my FIL was thrilled as well, and that's pretty much all we talked about all evening.

Birthday? What birthday? :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to mention that she might have 2 more birthdays before she gets to meet her granddaughter? Save that one for next year. grandma will love it. That bit of info was followed in our family with a comment about how we are being swindled out of our money.

Headmeister said...

WOO HOO!!!! Hey Dawn! (ha ha!) Congrats on being ETC - I don't know how I missed that post!!!
Gotta go to bed NOW!!! I DID go to bed, only to remember that I needed to put the dish washer on. I came downstairs and see what happened??? It's like crack I tell ya, crack...

Rhonda said...

I think we both need a 12-step program, Heather...