Friday, August 18, 2006

What would YOU do?

I was walking past a bakery today and out walked a woman with one infant and three toddlers. One of the toddlers was a sweet little Chinese girl who was carrying a ladybug backpack. I can only assume she was adopted, but she could have been looking after the girl for the day.

I was tempted to ask the lady some questions, but since I didn't know her, I didn't want to ask anything personal and just kept walking. I guess I was a little chicken to say anything and I wasn't really in the mood to get a snarky response since I'm still on a 'high' from the DTC news. ;)

I didn't want this to happen to me...

In one of our pre-adoption seminars, one of the speakers once went up to a lady on the sidewalk who had a little Chinese girl in a stroller and she got all excited and said 'which agency did you use?' The lady looked at her and said 'my husband is Chinese!' Oops.

No comments: