Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Madame Tussaud

(Or biological 'vs.' adopted children)

Ok, so I've been sitting on this story for a while, debating whether or not to write an entry about it, but I felt I had to.

I was watching The View yesterday (why, I'm not exactly sure) when they had a segment about Madame Tussaud's new exhibit. Apparently they tweaked the Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt exhibit to include their baby, Shiloh . When the exhibit was unveiled on stage, it played eerie, almost angelic-sounding music; as if this were a miracle baby of unimagined proportions.

Now, according to the rep from Madame Tussaud's, Brad and Angelina's permission was not garnered for the exhibit, it's an artist's rendition. The thing that bothers me is that there is no mention of her other two children, Maddox and Zahara. Why?

The rep was fumbling over her words when she was asked, point blank, why they left the other two children out of the exhibit. She claimed that the 'public' wanted to see the baby in the exhibit and that it was the public's own doing for them to not include the adopted children. She further went on to explain that if the public wants them to make a wax model of the two other children, they would 'consider' it. I think this is quite exclusionary and insulting.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

yasser said...

i think the very exhibit is close to rediculous...

Rhonda said...

Only 'close to'? I thought it passed ridiculous a while ago. ;)

Vile Blasphemer said...

Smells like classic adopted child prejudice to me.

Headmeister said...

I'll second the comment made by Vile... I can't even believe they didn't take that into consideration when they decided to omit whole family members from the exhibit. Unreal.....

Be well,
Heather
http://diggingaholetochina.blogspot.com/