Friday, October 20, 2006

Gym update

My SIL met me at the gym today and we worked out. She got a one week free pass and she's going to see how things work out over the next week. If all goes well, she's thinking of joining, which would be great!

We had an absolute blast. It was amusing, she's a bit shorter than I am so when she used a machine after me, of course it wasn't set to her size, so her feet didn't even reach the foot pads on some of them. :P

Anyways, I increased my workout a little. I think I have it where I want it at:

35 minutes on the treadmill (and I got the pace up to where I was running for a few minutes. I burned 217 calories and did over 2 miles. WOO!)
40 tricep extensions with 20 pounds
50 abdominal crunches with 24 pounds
60 pullovers with 30 pounds
100 back extensions with 50 pounds
48 repetitions using a lateral rowing machine with 24 pounds (I didn't get the name of it but it was fun to use).

The other good thing about losing a bit of weight is that I can now fit into my "skinny" jeans! Now this isn't to say that I'm "skinny", but I've definitely lost one size so far, I'll be ecstatic if I can lose one more. It's amazing what losing 10 measly pounds will do.

The only downside is that I think I might have pulled something in my back. I've got a sharp pain below my shoulder blade, but I'll live. ;)

I'm heading back to the gym on Sunday with my SIL and Josh might join us too!

No comments: