Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Just for you, Kathy...

After I posted briefly on Sunday about having sushi for dinner, Kathy got all excited and posted a bunch of questions. So I decided to torture her here and post a picture of sushi and answer her questions here. :P

1. What kind of sushi did you get? Pretty much the picture above is what we got. Six pieces of salmon sushi and six pieces of California roll. Definitely drool-worthy.

2. What's your favorite? Salmon sushi by far. I'm not really into tuna, though Josh loves it. His favourite is the spicy tuna handroll. There's a place near us that does a kickass salmon sushi pizza (crispy baked rice, cut into little triangles, with salmon sushi on top). I swear the last time I had it I think I saw Jimi Hendrix. :)

3. Did you get Miso soup? Nope, no Miso soup. It was take-out sushi so they only had the boxes.

The prices aren't crazy expensive either, for the 12 pieces it came to $10.95 (which isn't bad for kosher sushi--and they do party trays!) Not that certain sushi isn't kosher (or close enough) anyways, but we picked it up from a kosher bakery. Yes, that sounds weird I know, but the bakery is split in two...one side is the bakery, the other is the sushi take-out place. :P

Actually last year Josh and I took a 'how to make sushi' class held by our Rabbi at his house. So now Josh makes sushi at home a couple times a month. :)

(Are you drooling yet, Kathy?)

4 comments:

4D said...

That looks good! I like sushi okay but Dan is allergic so it is not our top choice when we go out or order in.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Okay, I fess up. The thought of sushi makes me gag...repeatedly. There, that will leave plenty more for you all to enjoy! The only thing I like raw are my veggies.

wzgirl said...

Sushi fan here. I love most things but draw the line at sea urchin. NOt too crazy about the quail eggs, either. My favorite is Hamachi - but I also LOVE Shiromaguro (with a little garlic on top). Yum!!!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

OH! MY! GAWD!!!!
I'm so drooling all over my keyboard at this moment! It looks just so incredibly yummy and if I can't have any until the weekend, I'm happy that at least someone I know is able to experience the nirvana of it all.
I loved that you said you could see Jimi Hendrix as I ccan totally relate! Often, I need to put down my chopsticks and sit way back in my chair with eyes closed just to let the moment settle. Thank you for answering my questions! I love spicy tuna roll! My favorite of all time is dynamite (Tempura with shrimp). Yummmm!