Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another day older and deeper in debt...

Well, not exactly, but we did celebrate our 4 month LIDiversary this evening since we were away all weekend. :)

Josh and I hit the road at 8:00 Saturday morning and headed into Buffalo for some weekend shopping fun. Well, fun for me at least. We started off at the Galleria Mall which we got to around 10:30 and I bought a couple sweaters, and some shoes for my mom. She had them in another colour but they didn't have her size the last time she was in, so I picked up two pairs for her.

After that we went to lunch at Applebees, and I had an oriental chicken salad. Yum! It's the one thing I really enjoy on their menu. (I can hear you saying, "yeah right, who enjoys salad?" But it IS really good.)

Then we went to Stein Mart where I got another sweater and a leather wallet. Josh noticed that there was a liquor store next door so we got 4 bottles of this. We acquired the taste for it when we last went to Buffalo to meet up with Nic and Tim. It's got a nice little kick on it.

We then headed over to Eastern Hills Mall where I purchased (yet another) sweater. I'm sorry people, but you can't beat buying a sweater for $12 or $13 at Macy's. ;)

Josh and I were kind of tired so we went back to the hotel (more on that later) to relax a little. We wanted to go here for dinner, but their location was closed. Grrr. So we settled on this restaurant instead. I've gone there before, it wasn't bad, but it certainly can't compare to the other.

I sent Josh over to put our names in for a seat and told him I'd be back in a few minutes. I went back to B&B and bought some more shower gels (I think my new favourite scent is pink grapefruit) and a bathrobe.

After dinner we walked around the mall, when I suddenly remembered we needed one of these. Yes, we're wild and crazy people...

Then we decided to go to Mrs. Field's and get four chocolate chip cookies to celebrate our four month LIDiversary. Not exactly a good combination though, sake and chocolate chip cookies...

We then headed back to the hotel, when all of a sudden we heard what can only be described as a herd of elephants bowling upstairs. It went on for about 20 minutes, so I had Josh call the front desk to complain. They said they would call the room and tell them to quiet down.

It was quiet for a few minutes and then it started up again. We waited another 20 minutes, and again, Josh called down to the front desk. This time they said they were going to send someone up to talk to them.

It was quiet for a bit, then the noise started again. This time I called down to the front desk and I was told "Yes, we know about the noise and I believe there are about 12 police officers on the floor attending to the problem." I asked what happened and they said "We believe there are some underage people in the room." I told the clerk that I wanted them to do something for us with regards to the bill. She asked what I'd like, and I said "I'll let you ponder that overnight and come up with a solution when we check out in the morning."

I told all of this to Josh and he didn't believe there were 12 police officers on that floor, so we decided to go up and check things out. We can't confirm or deny if there were, in fact, 12 up there, but we did see 4 standing outside the room. ;)

I decided that we should probably talk to the desk clerk and manager then, just in case they weren't working in the morning. Well, guess what? They comped the bill for us. That's right. We got our hotel stay paid for because of those arses upstairs. Woo!

We went back upstairs and settled in for the night, since we were going to go out for breakfast with Nic and Tim!

We got to the restaurant early and waited for them, but unfortunately Tim couldn't make it since he had to take care of Ginger. But we had a lovely time with Nic and our pancakes. ;)

Lots of adoption talk (what else?) and talked to a couple sitting next to us who were considering adoption as well. What a small, weird world. When Nic said that we were adopting, the couple at first thought she meant her and I, but we ended up clarifying that. It was a cute misunderstanding.

After breakfast we headed back on the road and had an interesting drive home. It started out with rain in Williamsville, progressed to freezing rain in Buffalo (proper), and then near white-out conditions as we got to Hamilton. It was NOT a fun drive home...but we made it (and Nic made it home safely as well.) :)

8 comments:

M and M said...

You were certainly busy...I hope Josh enjoyed himself despite all the shopping.

Great deal on the hotel room!! Gotta love the price for that. I would have complained too!!

I was driving today too and the weather was CRAPPY!! Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good times, despite the crappy driving weather. And congrats on the 4 months--glad to see the cake!

C's Mom said...

What a fun weekend...you wild banana hanger you!

Glad you made it home safely.

Happy #4 - that cake picture showed up huge in bloglines and now there is drool on my keyboard! Damn!

Anonymous said...

Lady,
This blog's got me jumping all over the place-it's a great way to start my Monday! I'll have to find that sake drink you have on here.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Very nice banana holder!!!

4D said...

Sounds like a fun time. Even with the police rai upstairs. Gotta love the comp!

B&B is my favorite store! I could buy all their wonderful things. Wish we had them in Canada.

Keep smilin!

4D said...

P.S. Happy 4 Months!!

Anonymous said...

Oh spell it out. We just assumed folks understood us and didnt think we were lesbitarians adopting as a couple. How would those folks explain Josh sitting there?