Monday, January 22, 2007

Mashed potatoes with a side of mashed potatoes...

Josh and I signed up last night (better late than never?) for a Children's Bridge "parent chat" meeting with the hope of getting together with other waiting families to discuss this, that and the other. Unfortunately, the meeting was cancelled because of lack of interest. Bummer.

We were hoping to meet up anyways with Mark and Michelle for dinner, but since the meeting was cancelled, they made alternate plans with Dolores and Shawn. Bummer.

I can't say I really blame them though, it's a bit of a shlep for them to come out for dinner. We were planning on going out for dinner with my mom anyways, but thought 'the more the merrier', but it just didn't work out. C'est la vie. ;)

Hopefully in the next little while we can get together again, Josh and I had a lot of fun when we went out to Whitby to meet up with them for the bloggy summit last month. It seems like A LOT longer than a mere month ago that we met.

Anyways, Josh and I ended up going to Sierra Grill at Bayview Village. My mom and I, as usual, got the cedar plank salmon (serious yum), and Josh ordered the pan-broiled tilapia.

We started off with the salad bar (more serious yum) and waited for our dinners to be ready. We had finished with the salad bar and the wait for the dinners seemed to be interminably long. The meals finally came but the mashed potatoes were cold. Not just luke warm, I mean COLD.

The waitress picked up all our plates and marched them all back into the kitchen to get new orders of potatoes.

The manager came over, we told her what was wrong and she told us that the chef forgot to turn the heater up so all the potatoes are cold. (That's not our problem, now is it?)

She said she would get us new orders of mashed potatoes. When she came back out, she brought a new plate of hot mashed potatoes (read: nuked and dry).

We mentioned our displeasure later on and she decided to take all our meals off the bill, but she would charge us for a side salad bar and coffees (since there was nothing wrong with that) and tossed in free desserts.

So, long story short, a bill that would normally be about $70.00 (give or take) ended up costing $24.00. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

10 comments:

C's Mom said...

C'mon...just give me a reason to drive to the far North for a Summit!

I'm looking for it!

4D said...

Connie, I can give you a ton!!! Mtl beckons with all the goodness of Europe but the cost in CDN $!

I totally applaud you for speaking up and good for the restaurant for having great customer service.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that they adjusted your bill.
How great it would be to get to meet some of the people whose blogs you visit regularly.

wzgirl said...

More money for the little jar....

Tao's Mommy said...

Good job on getting a great deal on the meal, but always crappy that you have to complain, wait and suffer to get it..lol!!
Life would be boring if everything was perfect & right all of the time!!

M and M said...

Good for you for saying something about the meal. I am of the same opinion and I believe that if EVERYONE spoke up about bad food, they would stop serving bad food!

Sorry we didn't hook up for dinner, but we will definately do it soon!!

Anonymous said...

no one caes to meet when you wait.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for cold potatoes!

Anonymous said...

Cedar plank salmon - you have me totally drooling!!!!!

Good for you for speaking up.

Deb
( 5 more sleeps)

Sam said...

Damn! I've got that stupid song in my head now!!! You know the one from The Wiggles... "Mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes.." AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I'm never going to sleep tonight!