Saturday, January 27, 2007

A crocheted bikini?!

I got a package in the mail yesterday afternoon! Thankfully I was home to receive it, but I must admit the postman had a bit of a bizarre look on his face. I didn't know why until I turned the package over and noticed what it said on the customs form...



I think he was kind of curious too, or at least someone along the way certainly was. The package was torn and there were bits of the packing material all through the item. After cleaning it up a little, I saw this!




Heather sent me a beautiful hand-crocheted scarf! She also included a very nice note and apologized for sending it to me late. P'shaw! One of these days, we're actually going to have to meet. :P

The picture really doesn't do it justice and it REALLY pops against my black winter coat, and it's really warm to wear too. :)

The neat thing about it is that instead of wrapping it around your neck over and over and over again, all you do is put it around your neck and slide one end through the other and tuck it in your coat or fling it over your shoulders.

I wore it this morning when I went to the hairdressers (yes, I know, I'm vain), my mom saw it and went gaga over it as well. I rarely wear scarves, except for an old one that looks more like a babushka, and I'm not just saying that. Nicole saw my old scarf and she can probably attest to its hideousness. ;)

So now I'll wear it everyday (though I might get some funny looks if I wear it in the summer) and think of how sweet and thoughtful Heather is.

5 comments:

M and M said...

Nice scarf!

Can't say I have ever seen a crocheted bikini...

C's Mom said...

Hah...I'm loving the customs form!

The scarf is beautious...wear it with panache, chickie!

D & S said...

That's a beautiful scarf. I howled at the customs form, very funny.

CA Momma said...

I would have LOVED to see the postman's face!

Headmeister said...

Aw shucks... you are more than welcome. Everyone seems to love that scarf and the feel of the soft yarn I use, hence why it's my fav to crochet with right now. I was never a scarf girl either til I made this one, ad now I'm a true convert :)

BTW - crocheted bikini's are everywhere... take a look:
http://tinyurl.com/2uy78w

I like to mis-label things for comedic effect. You should see some of the memo's I write in the checks I give Hubby for the mortgage: "5 spanking sessions", "taxidermy class", "for best kiss I ever had", etc...

Thanks for the kudos buddy... not necessary, but much appreciated!!!!!

Hugs!!!