Thursday, April 12, 2007

Badges and icons and widgets, oh my! ***UPDATE***

So, I found out about a site called my blog log (which you can find at the bottom of my right hand sidebar). What it does, is it shows you who's visiting your site according to the icon that they've chosen. So even if people don't leave comment-y goodness on your blog, you still know who's there. It also allows you to have 'communities' for people to leave you personal messages.

You can also add a badge to your blog to find out what people are searching for in order to find it. It's really pretty neat, if not a bit creepy. ;)

I just started there yesterday, but so far I like it.

If you sign up, you get a three day free trial account for "my blog log pro", after that, you're switched to the "normal" (and free) account. So you should try it...it's a good thing. ;)

***So, when I was trying to add the code to my blog I hit a little snag at first so I ended up emailing customer service. Anyways, soon after I pressed 'send' on the email, I figured out what I had done wrong. (You see, I'm kind of anal about matching up the colours on the blog, and I figured out that I had erased a little something I shouldn't have when I was tweaking it).

I did, however, get a personal email from Robyn at mybloglog (Yahoo) who said that everything looked good on her end and wanted to make sure that the problem was solved. She also sent me a screen shot of how it looked to her and she left a comment on the blog. So strike this up as #2 on the companies that actually care about their users...SNAP was the other. :)***

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's cool but you're right, kind of creepy. It's like George Orwell's 1984.

I feel if I added some kind of site meter, I would become obsessed with it.

CA Momma said...

There I am - see me?

Anonymous said...

Glad you like it, I like it just a little too ;)

redmaryjanes said...

Hey! I'm going to sign up right now! How cool.

Anonymous said...

That sounds really interesting....I think I might have to talk hubby into doing it for me....:-)

Janet T.

Deb said...

might have to check it out. Thanks