Monday, April 23, 2007

Some days I just shouldn't get out of bed...

I called the clinic for an update on Deuce this morning. I was told he's eating (he always eats, but I guess it's still a good sign nevertheless), and he pooped overnight...aren't you glad I told you that?!

Anyways, they were going to examine him, but they won't know anything until about 4:00 or 5:00 this afternoon when his vet comes in and looks at the results of his blood test and urinalysis. She said that he's hanging out at the back of his cage and watching them...he's probably terrified. She then went on to say that by all accounts he appears 'fine'. I asked 'has he passed any urine?' and she said 'no', so I said 'then he's not fine if he hasn't peed in 24 hours.' Grr. I know I complain about the clinic, but really they're very good...just some of their workers are a few crayons short of a full Crayola pack.

Since it's supposed to be a nice day again today (minus the rain we're going to get this afternoon), I decided to head out and go for a walk.

I was walking for about 10 minutes when I saw a boy about 10-12 years old taking his dog out for a walk. The dog was obviously trying to do his 'business' and the boy started really tugging on the chain to the point that the dog was almost being dragged.

I ran over to him and said 'you know, your dog is just trying to poop, don't do that.' He said 'oh, I didn't see, I'm sorry.' I said 'you were pulling on the leash with both hands, don't you think he was trying to do *something*?' He again said sorry, and I said 'don't apologize to me, apologize to your dog. If I see you do that to your dog again, I'll tell your parents.'

(I have no idea where the kid lives, but that threat put enough fear into him that he bent down, pet his dog and walked away.)

14 comments:

4D said...

Keep us posted on the Deuce man.

Good for you for speaking to the little guy and making him realize what he was doing was not fair to his pooch. You rock! I wish more people cared about pets like you.

Keep smilin!

wzgirl said...

Oh, poor wee Deuce. I'm holding a good thought & sure hope that the legit doc has some actual thoughts about what is going on. XO

Deb said...

I hope Deuce is OK. Keep us posted.
Good going on the doggie patrole, I would have said the same thing.

redmaryjanes said...

Good for you-standing up for that poor dog!

I hope that your pooch is ok. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Poor doggie! How would we feel is someone tried to pull US off the toilet while we were....well, you get the picture. NOt pretty. I've had to get after my kids for the same thing....when a dog stops, starts squatting, HE'S BUSY! (and don't forget to pick up after him!)

Janet T.

Anonymous said...

PS- Hope Deuce is okay.

Janet (again)

Jill and Jaap said...

poor pooch!

M and M said...

I hope he picked up the poop before he walked away...

I hope Deuce is feeling better and is home soon!

OziMum said...

Poor Deuce.

Poor pooping dog!!!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Hope to hear more about Deuce's results soon. Good for you for confronting that boy!

Polar Bear said...

Poor Deuce. I hope the vet has good news. He's in my thoughts.

Good for you speaking to that boy! Hopefully he learned a lesson.

D & S said...

I'm glad you told that kid to be nicer to his dog. Sometimes people don't get it.

Hope the vet has good news about Deuce.

Kristine said...

Thinking of your kitty and of you guys - hope that Deuce is home soon!!!!

Sam said...

You're going to be such a good Mommy!!! Love the way you handled the kid with the dog!!!