Saturday, April 07, 2007

Par-tay

We finally had our dinner party tonight (that I've been babbling about all week) with Nic and Tim, Dolores and Shawn, Cari, and my mom and her boyfriend were there.

We started off with small talk, because of course this was the first time everyone had met Cari (AKA Sprout), and I think everyone hit it off marvelously, if I do say so myself. We basically had to pry everyone away from their conversations to get to the dinner table. :)

We started with a salad, mushroom blintzes/crepes, and gefilte fish...what would a Passover get-together be without the fish of my people? ;)

After gorging delicately picking at the appetizers, it was time to get our grub on and dig into the matzah lasagna...and oh...my...G-d...was it delish! The top was a nice dark golden brown (not burnt...but just right). Josh, being his usual self, cut mondo slabs generous portions for everyone. The flavours melded together so perfectly! We were very happy with the outcome...as I'm sure everyone at the table was as well.

We then had coffee and dessert and the entire time everyone was talking about work, adoption (trying not to be depressed about the most recent rumoured cutoff), and travel (ie., the right stories to tell at the border) *cough*.

By the end of the evening we had our personal vacuum cleaner (Deuce) come by and get all the crumbs off the table...he's one happy kitty right now. :)

I hope everyone had a great time, I know we certainly did!

11 comments:

C's Mom said...

Woohoo! Sounds like a great time.

Love the shot of the clean-up crew ;0)

wzgirl said...

Mazel Tov. I think that is how you spell it. And, gefilte fish to boot!! Very authentic with the matzoh lazagne. You are such a mensch!!

D & S said...

Everything was wonderful! Thanks again for the invite and for a wonderful evening. We love getting together with our bloggy friends!

M and M said...

Sounds like a great night!

Nice to see Deuce chipping in!! LOL!

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like a great evening. I stop by your blog often, but haven't commented. I'll do that more! ;) Have a great Easter. I'm Stefanie, over at ~ Never Too Many.

"M" said...

Sounds like a great dinner and gathering. The dinner sounds yummy, too. I love gifilte fish, don't know why I only eat it at this time of the year. Gotta work on that one.

Cari said...

Thanks so much for everything Rhonda and Josh! It was so great to meet everyone, and I had a great time. You are fabulous hosts!! Next time, at my place!

Cari (sprout)

Jill and Jaap said...

Great times! Sounds like a great evening!

4D said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!

Keep smilin!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I like your furry dishwasher friend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely evening minus the cruddy drive home. Our fault.