Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bonjour!

It seems that I have a semi-regular reader who's checking me out from Belgium. Bonjour will have to do, my Flemish is a little rusty. ;)

Josh and I were actually in Belgium (as well as Scotland, England, France and the Netherlands) in 2000, well to say we were there is a bit of a exaggeration...we drove through there on a tour bus. We stopped just long enough for the dopey American tourists (no offense) to buy 'genuine' Belgian chocolates. From ALL the available chocolates and exotic choices to be made, they ended up buying Guyian chocolates. Granted, they're good chocolates, but why buy something that you can get back home? To put this into perspective, it's like going to Idaho and picking up a potato. :P

This was the only tour that Josh and I took as part of a group and we ended up giving 'pet names' to different couples; we named this couple Mr. and Mrs. Crabbypants. (What a wonderful title for a children's book!) There was an Aussie couple who wanted to kill Mr. and Mrs. Crabbypants for trying to ruin the tour. We named them Swagman and Waltzing Matilda.

Mr. and Mrs. Crabbypants are the same couple who wanted to stop in Belgium for the sole purpose of it 'being on the tour' and threw a fit when the tour guide said we couldn't stop there because of the blockades and said they would throw a bigger fit when they got back home...and try to get her fired. It's a long, ugly story...but for now that will do. Though I do remember vividly that when we were filling out the feedback sheet on the last day of the tour that they asked for an extra sheet of paper to complain about things. People like that shouldn't be allowed to travel. :P

But I digress, I think Belgium is the most 'exotic' reader so far...though for a while I had someone reading from Estonia and there's someone that pops up every once in a while from Spain. I've also got a friend checking in on me every so often from Japan.

I do have to admit that whenever I see a hit from China it freaks me out a little. Not that I think it's the CCAA checking up on li'l ol' me...but sometimes I wonder.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets go! We can go find your mysterious reader.

redmaryjanes said...

I love to see where all of the hits are coming from. I often wonder if the China hits are the mothers who have left their daughters hoping to see where they have gone.

aimeeg said...

I check out my hits from time to time, and I always want some super bizarre place to come up.

4D said...

I love seing all the hits from all over!

Keep smilin!

Red Sand said...

yep, the China hits always give me pause, but I like the others I've had.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think I've met Mr. and Mrs. Crabbypants! At various places....:-)
Wonder what hubby and I would be named.....? Probably "Mr. Computer Nerd and Mrs. Know-it-All." Yep, that's my alter ego.

D & S said...

I agree, the China ones freak me out but it's cool seeing where everybody's coming from.

C's Mom said...

Wow, woman, you've been around (said in the most respectful sense).

I have nearly daily hits from China (uh, blog name, duh) so I gave up paranoia long ago (fear not, really). The only thing that bothers me is if some multi-legged bug is hitting on me ;0)

OziMum said...

I'm glad the Aussies weren't bad!!!
Sounds true to Australian heritage... kill the whingers!!!

I'd love to do a Europe trip... then again, I'd love to do Canada and the US too!!! Maybe a "round the world trip" would be a better option?!!!

t~ said...

China hits make me super nervous, not really sure why. However, you know how time consuming blog reading can be, this could be a reason for the CCAA slow down.

Jill and Jaap said...

So neat where everyone is from...

Headmeister said...

dude, I freak a little to when I saee China on the map....!

M and M said...

I totally agree that some people just shouldn't travel!!

I too have had a few China visits and they make me think for a minute, but I am not going to stop blogging so I trudge on!