Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I may be cheap, but I'm not easy...

...or at least an easy 'mark' for Josh's crazy cousins I sent back the unvitation (it's not really an invitation when it's worded like that).

If you remember the post, you probably shouldn't be surprised by my response of "No, I will not be attending". The thought of being there, having the 'privilege' of paying for it, and probably being treated like crap to boot...just didn't sit well with me. I didn't add anything for the bride-to-be either. I also told my mother-in-law that if she's sending anything to her, to not include my name anywhere on it. Some of you may think that that's wrong, but if you knew the bride, she's just as nutty as her sister. Actually that whole side of the family is, but that's a story for another day.

When we talked about it on Saturday night, Heather suggested that I send it back with an option to pay by Mastercard/Visa/American Express. I thought of one better...paying via PayPal, but I didn't have the guts to add that in. ;)

7 comments:

D & S said...

Good for you! I'm glad you stood up for yourself. Hopefully they'll get the hint. Doubtful, but hopefully.

C's Mom said...

That's still some kinda prize-winner to me in the chutzpah dept.

Polar Bear said...

Paying with Paypal ~ That is a good one! :)

Good for you for not going. I told a friend at work about your post, her jaw was on the floor for the entire story.

"M2" said...

Good!
the invitation made for good discussion at my dinner table at least.

M and M said...

I am still in shock about the invitation...or the request for payment!

Headmeister said...

wou nshould have sent it back asking for reimbursement of your Dr's fees after getting whiplash from needing to do a doubletake on the "send me money" part...lol.

...Payable via Paypal, of course ;)

Headmeister said...

sorry - typing with a weak pimp hand (in a brace no less) ain't easy.