Tuesday, April 03, 2007

By the numbers... ***UPDATE***

So while I wasn't looking, I surpassed my 12,000th hit on the blog...and my 300th post. Woo. I had a ton of hits yesterday because I wrote a little blurb on the RQ site. I find that whenever I write anything there, people come here in droves, which is odd.

But I digress...

Josh and I are having a dinner party this coming weekend with some of our adoption buddies. Woo! We're really looking forward to sitting down in a quiet place and being able to talk about things without a bunch of other people around. Since it's still going to be smack dab in the middle of Passover, we decided that we're going to make a matzah lasagna.

What's a matzah lasagna, you ask? Well instead of using noodles, we'll be using sheets of matzah. (I know, it doesn't sound appetizing, but oh my G-d, you'll see Jimi Hendrix afterwards...trust me).

Anyways, we came to the horrible conclusion Sunday, in all our preparation, that we don't have any dairy dishes for Passover. We've always just used paper plates, since we never entertained during the holidays before. (Well, that's not entirely true, we had a Passover Seder nine years ago but we used our Passover meat dishes.)

Since we're going to have about nine people over, the thought of using paper plates...and a saucy, possibly semi-messy dinner, didn't exactly strike my fancy. Not that any of our dinner guests would mind, but when we do a dinner party, we like to pull out all the stops...or try to, and the last thing I want is for someone to wear their dinner...or Deuce to get someone's dinner because their 'fancy shmancy' Chinet plate broke/ripped. ;)

So in a panic, we decided we were going to go out and get new dishes and a tablecloth and a plastic cover for the table. The plastic covers are a lifesaver...no worries about spilling...just wipe up the plastic and ta-da you're done. At the time we decided we were going to go to a store, pick up the dishes, go to another store and get a table cloth, and then go elsewhere and get the plastic. It sounds like a lot of work for just a few items, but oh well.

Anyways, as Josh was driving around, I suddenly remembered that we had a new Linens 'N' Things store that just opened. Oh my G-d, I'm in LOVE with this store...seriously, absolutely, undeniably IN LOVE with the store. We got everything there...and then some. The surprising thing is, when they tallied up the bill, Josh was still vertical.

***Ok, D, what's up with the coupons? I need details. ;) I don't think we get those here, but I might be wrong. After all, it was my first time in that store.

I kind of got annoyed when I got home and saw that everything I bought was half price had I ordered it online, but I didn't have the luxury of time to place the order. Oh well.***

9 comments:

"M" said...

Matzah Lasagna.... now that makes keeping passover doable. Have a good dinner party!

Catherine said...

Matzah Lasagna sounds yummy!

Have a wonderful celebration with your friends!

I agree...Linens and Things is a GREAT store! Happy shopping.

Stephanie said...

Big fan of LNT too. I received a gift card from their store & it's burning a whole in my pocket. It's just really hard to limit my purchases. Inevitably, I will go way over the dollar amount on the gift card and then I'm in trouble.

Have a lovely get together!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M and M said...

WHOA - what is with that previous comment???? WOW!!!

Now I forgot what I was going to say - I was distracted by the comment...

Rhonda said...

Yay for the delete comment function...what a tool. :P

stardeo said...

Do you get those coupons for 20% off in Canada for either LnT or Bed, Bath, and Beyond? Because LnT will take the coupons from BBB! (And BBB from LnT.) That lets you get what you want from the store you want if you have the coupon :) Happy savings!!

4D said...

Sounds nummy! Wish I were closer then I would finagle an invite!

LnT sounds great. Hope they open one here.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

I love LnT too. They have the best stuff. Keep an eye out for the flyers, that's where the coupons are.