Friday, April 20, 2007

NOW I've seen everything...

About a week or two ago I decided to start a diet...again. So far I've lost a little over 5 pounds and I want to lose another 10, and now with the warmer weather coming, I want to start going for walks.

After work this evening, Josh and I went to the mall and I got two pairs of running shoes (Athlete's World was having a BOGO* sale which I couldn't pass up), so I got one pair of Nike and another pair of Reebok...woo. I needed a new pair of shoes anyways since the treads on my old ones were wearing down. I kind of wonder if that's what led to my ankle pain (which still hurts by the way).

Anyways, after dinner, I felt like going for a walk, so Josh and I walked for about 40 minutes. Now I've seen many things in my life, but this just took the proverbial cake...

Someone was having a garage sale, which isn't unusual, except...in amongst the crap he had on his lawn sat a toilet seat. Yes, a toilet seat. Let me say that again...someone was selling a toilet seat...USED. It was just lying on his grass, open and exposed for the world to see.

I wonder if he offers 'test drives'...

*Buy one, get the other half price.

10 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

You should have bought it and sent it as a gift for the bride-to-be! How's that for a gift? LOL

Polar Bear said...

The sad thing is... someone will probably buy it. They would around here.

Kathy's response is hilarious!

Red Sand said...

Maybe it's Mel Lastman's toilet seat - didn't he send one as a gift to a premier or territorial leader years ago?

Stephanie said...

Oooh, that's really nasty. When we bought our most recent house, I bought all new toilet seat covers. They weren't in bad condition, they were just "used".

Congrats on the weight loss!

4D said...

OMG...I am laughing my tush off at you and Kathy! What an odd thing to sell!

Rhonda said...

*snort* Thanks for the laugh Kathy...It's so tempting to go back today and buy it. Would it be uncouth to send it postage due? ;)

redmaryjanes said...

That is butt nasty!!

M and M said...

OMG I am LOL at Kathy's statement!!

Selling a used toilet seat is just YUCKY!!!

Tell me it wasn't a wood one or a covered foam one with a rip in it...

Michele said...

The thought of a used toilet seat just turn my stomach. Why in the world would your neighbor think someone would actually buy it. But, I forgot that my MIL thinks like this, though not about toilet seats. People like her think that there is SOMEONE out there that would want their strange items and they just have to have it available in case that SOMEONE ever comes looking for said thing.

D & S said...

I think that would've made an appropriate gift as well! And Stacy's right, someone will probably buy it. It's amazing some of the things people will buy because they can.